Lip balm

GretchenGretchen AdministratorPosts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
I saw where @rouquinne had commented in another thread about chapped lips problems, so I thought I'd mention here that I really like Dr. Mercola's balm. It's organic and it doesn't irritate my lips at all. In fact, it's very soothing. 

I have to order a year's supply in the winter though, so it doesn't melt in transit to Texas during the warmer months! 

Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!
Tagged:

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    My favorite balm for severely chapped lips is the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask. It's sold in either a squeeze tube or a regular lippie tube. I have used only the latter. It is extremely thick. When my lips are horribly chapped, this is the only thing I found that works. It is sold only at Sephora, as far as I know. You need only a little bit, so if you're careful with it, you can get the balm to last for quite a while.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    My favorite is BURT'S BEES Tinted Lip Balm. I like the Hibiscus shade and I always carry one in my purse. The tinted is best for me because I do not wear lipstick. The tint is just enough to add some color and keep my lips soft. I do have to reapply quite often.

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    My favorite lip balm is Alaffia Baobab & Shea Li balm hands down. I have never had as good lips as when I started using this. Unfortunately it looks like it has been discontinued! NOOOOOO!

Prior to the Alaffia lip balm, I used Burt's Bees Cranberry Lip Balm which really did my lips right and it looks like that has been discontinued to. Why. I did like the Burt Bee's Ultraconditioning one pretty well, and it looks like that one is still available, but I liked the Cranberry one better.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Isn't it annoying when they discontinue something you totally love??? 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Gretchen said:
    Isn't it annoying when they discontinue something you totally love??? 
    It really is. I have a few "holy grail" products that I stock up on when they go on sale, you just have to check the expiry dates to make sure that you will use them up in time.

Guide 65 said:
    Funny story.  I have a bowl of junk next to my chair where I watch TV.  It's just miscellaneous junk that has no where else to live.  At the beginning of winter, my lips were dry, so I dug through the bowl of junk and grabbed a tube of lip balm to use.  I have no idea where I got it - it was probably a giveaway/freebie.  I was using that for a couple weeks, and got curious about it, so I read the label.  It was cuticle cream!  Hahaha...oh well, it worked for my lips anyway!
    That is funny! :D  Whatever works, @Guide 65

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    So the lip balm I thought was discontinued might not be. Although it isn't on the Alaffia webpage, the Baobab and Shea lip balm is still on all the online retailers webpages as just "Out of Stock". Hopefully that just means there was a mad rush on Alaffia's stock when everyone figured out how awesome it is all at once. :) *fingers crossed*
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Did they get it back in stock, @bomega

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Guide 65 said:
    Funny story.  I have a bowl of junk next to my chair where I watch TV.  It's just miscellaneous junk that has no where else to live.  At the beginning of winter, my lips were dry, so I dug through the bowl of junk and grabbed a tube of lip balm to use.  I have no idea where I got it - it was probably a giveaway/freebie.  I was using that for a couple weeks, and got curious about it, so I read the label.  It was cuticle cream!  Hahaha...oh well, it worked for my lips anyway!

Haha!!!! There was a hair mask I used to love that was $10-$12, found it on clearance for $3 and bought them all! I stopped at my parents, and left one in my Moms bathroom for her. A few weeks later she mentioned how much she loved her, her face had never felt better lol
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file