Transitioning Hairstyles for Job Interviews

issamargissamarg Registered Users Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
For whatever reason I decided to transition back to my natural hair a few months ago while searching for a new job. My hair has a loooooooooong way to go before it will look healthy again so I'm in desperate need of any and all professional looking hairstyles (or life-changing hair products) for transitioning hair while I interview for jobs!

A bit about my hair:
- about shoulder length when curly
- very high density
- normal-high porosity
- former 3b-3c type, now more like 3b with some 3a curls from heat & color damage
- started straightening & relaxing over a decade ago with the past 8 years being continuous.

Any tips, styles, etc. are appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Congrats on transitioning and I hope you find a wonderful job quickly. 
    I would do some deep conditioning treatments and also use a leave-in conditioner to try to pump some life back into your curls. 
    As for styles, would a loose bun be appropriate? 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • nycurl401nycurl401 Registered Users Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
    I was always told I had to put my big curly hair back for interviews. I hated the way it looked and when I finally said to myself I'm leaving my hair out and curly...I got the job! Maybe scary but be proud of your curls!  Good luck. 

• issamargissamarg Registered Users Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
    Thank you both for your advice! My hair isn't long enough to stay in a bun, but a hair mask would definitely help. I have an interview next week for a company that's kind of corporate, but thankfully it's not supposed to be humid or windy that day so we'll see how this goes!
    Good luck with your interview! You have to come back and let us know how it goes!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file