Hi CurlFriends!

GretchenHGretchenH Posts: 1Registered Users Administrator
Perhaps some of you remember me. I’m the co-founder of NaturallyCurly.com. And while I’ve been working on other projects for a few years, I am now back with the company on a part-time, consulting basis to give CurlTalk a whole lotta love!

CurlTalk has always been an important part of NaturallyCurly, and while, admittedly, company priorities have shifted around quite a bit over the years, current management recognizes CurlTalk’s importance not only to the company, but more importantly, to our community of curlyheads. We know that without you, we would be nowhere.

And so I am here — with bells on! — to help bring CurlTalk back to its former glory. I’ll work to make this a supportive place where you can talk about anything that crosses your mind and where you can share and receive invaluable advice about caring for and loving your beautiful tresses.

My first order of business is to let you know change is a-comin’! I know you’ve heard that before, and we can’t promise overnight change, but we are investing in the forum. We’ve heard your concerns about spam and other deficiencies and we’re working to roll out a new CurlTalk look and feel that will be easier to use. In fact, there will probably be some downtime early next week as we implement some updates we've been working on. I'll let you know Monday what that's going to look like.

I hope you’ll join me in revitalizing CurlTalk — I definitely need your help!

Please reach out (via [email protected]) with any comments/concerns.

Gretchen

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome back!  I hope we can convince some of the other "old timers" to come back! 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks, Jeep!  I hope so!  We hope to do some marketing around the new CurlTalk so we can get some peeps to come back. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi Gretchen! Good to have you back! :) When I saw Michelle at the SF Curly Book signing, she mentioned you were coming back. yay!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    Hi Gretchen! Good to have you back! :) When I saw Michelle at the SF Curly Book signing, she mentioned you were coming back. yay!
    @CurliLocks so nice to hear from you!  Thanks for the kind words. 

Love some help getting this place rockin' again! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Gretchen said:
    @CurliLocks so nice to hear from you!  Thanks for the kind words. 

Love some help getting this place rockin' again! 

gretchen, i've just been scrolling thru somoe old threads (all listed as NEW posts which they are not, but....)   point is, we lost 99% of the members in the past years+.    there are threads i never saw because there was so much spam, a wall of spam, covering all threads... who had the time, motivation to go thru it?  not me, and clearly not most of the old members.   

i find i just going thru the site now that most of the posts are old, not many new posts, a tiny, tiny fraction of what it was. honestly, i don't know how you would be able to get people back. 

it was a different website when you and michelle were owners, a different slant. now i'm guessing it's mostly people hopping from site to site....  it used to be more thoroughly researched articles (tonya mckay) and people who responded to that.  the articles today, honestly, are trite, seem poorly researched, and many times erroneous.  i no longer tell new curlies about naturally curly as there is too much misinformation.

even the frizz forecast is still wrong -- i look at it for the dew points and draw my own conclusions, based on the info i learned from this site years ago.  the interpretation of the dew points is still incorrect.    not to mention the many articles detailing how to test porosity with the water test.

the point i am trying to make is that this changing nature of the website, i don't see people who want to post in curltalk as we did back in the day.   and, i strongly suspect that as long as shop naturally curly is good (and it seems like it is), rest is good.  i can go on and on, but you were there and so you can clearly see the difference.  i honestly don't know how this website would get back to what it was.  i'm still here because i would love it, but.....  and i hope i am wrong!  :-)

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    In the last 3 days I have enjoyed Curltalk more than I had in the last 3 years. Keep on keepin' on!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    Thanks, Jeep, for you honest appraisal. I will definitely share your thoughts with the Big Bosses, and perhaps we can have some impact beyond CurlTalk. I know there are some very smart, very dedicated people working at NaturallyCurly who are working hard to serve the needs of a lot of different curlies.  

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • LisaV77LisaV77 Posts: 5Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I hello, brand new to this site.  I saw a article for wavies and it mentioned some tips from a user named “wavechaser “. I was interested in reading her techniques for styling.  How can I find her posts or techniques?  I’m new and having a hard time navigating.  Thank you!
    Type 2b, low - medium porosity, fine hair, thin- medium.
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    @LisaV77, try typing her name into the search bar at the top right of the page.  It should bring up her posts.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi Gretchen :) Warm welcome back! I hope you can help me. I can't post a new discussion and I've tried for months. What is wrong? I've tried both with Safari and with the Chrome browser. I don't visit nc.com that much anymore because it is so frustrating. I've asked for help but nobody has responded. I hope to hear from you. Anyway, I wish you the very best.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower: