CurlTalk

I don't think my hair likes Shea butter

CourtneydhooksCourtneydhooks Posts: 1Registered Users
Hello everyone so I have been natural for 2 years now and I have 3c/4a low porosity hair with medium strains. So since I started up until recently I have used Shea moisture JBCO line and it worked. Then recently I used it abd it wasn't the same. So I looked at the bottle and now it is Strength and restore instead of strength and grow. So I compared the ingredients and I found that Shea butter is used in the new one. Then I checked another shampoo that didn't work for me and it had shea butter in it. So at this point I'm think Shea butter and my hair does not get alone!!! Has anybody else have this problem? What do y'all think? Also can y'all please list a few moisturizing shampoos????

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 1,708Registered Users Curl Novice
    Yes, some people find that their hair doesn't do well with shea butter. I think that they find it makes their hair dry.

I can't help you with moisturizing shampoos, as my hair easily gets overmoisturized, so my shampoos aren't all that moisturizing.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: As I Am; CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel
    Normal- to low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 1,708Registered Users Curl Novice
    Yes, some people find that their hair doesn't do well with shea butter. I think that they find it makes their hair dry.

I can't help you with moisturizing shampoos, as my hair easily gets overmoisturized, so my shampoos aren't all that moisturizing.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: As I Am; CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel
    Normal- to low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair