Help - Relocation and Hair Transformation

AdamDomingAdamDoming Posts: 1Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi , happy to be a part of the community .
I would like to ask for some help regard my transformation in my curls.

I have (in my opinion) curls between 2c to 3a
I'm using NoPoo and One Condition for a very long time with good result.
I'm originally from Tel , sunny and very humid city most of the year.

I relocate to Milan (im still using the NoPoo and One Condition) a month ago and since that my hair transform completely and become almost completely straight with slight wave.

I would like your advice and recommendations for which products and routines can get me back to my old and very nice Curls.

Tnx a lot for the help

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,552Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'm guessing that the weather in Milan is much drier than in Tel. There are a few things you can try.

You could use a richer conditioner, one that has more oils near the top of the ingredients list.

You could use a leave-in conditioner. Or you could try leaving a bit of the One Condition in your hair and not rinsing it all out.

You could do a deep conditioning treatment once or twice a week. To do that, wash your hair as usual and then squeeze out the excess water. Work in your conditioner and then put a plastic cap over your head, and a towel over that (to hold in your body heat). Let it sit for maybe 20 minutes, then rinse out and style as usual.

You could try adding a styling product, like a curl cream or a gel, over the top of the leave-in. Some people like lighter-hold products (not as crunchy) in drier weather because they feel like hard-hold gels dry their hair out. Adding a styling product might help your hair retain its moisture. (Your curls are most likely dropping because your hair is losing much of its moisture to the environment.)
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It could also be the water. If you moved from a place with soft water to a place with hard water, it will affect your hair.

Check this out: Science-y Hair Blog: Hard Water and Your Hair
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file