How do you keep your curls/waves overnight?

Hey, everyone! My hair (2b-2c with a few ringlets) is naturally quite fine and super greasy at the roots, which can make it look really limp after a while. I've yet to find a way to stop my hair from completely losing its shape and volume after sleeping on it.

The pineapple method makes my waves looks squashed, and somehow makes my roots even greasier, and plopping overnight is a disaster. Wearing it in a loose, low ponytail seems to gives me the best results, but it still leaves the top of my hair extremely flat and greasy (the top of my hair is pretty much straight anyway) and the ends tangled and frizzy.

Any tips for people with fine, greasy 2b/2c hair?

Comments

• piccadilly13piccadilly13 Posts: 79Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I came here to say... pineapple... but it looks like you've tried that and don't like it.

Pineappling does come in a few different flavors though. Some people use a clip, some use a scrunchie, etc. I have fine, 2c/3a hair. I tried a clip for a few nights and hated it. I tried a scrunchie, and hated it.

I tried a different technique, with DIFFERENT scrunchie - where instead of making a ponytail on the top of your head, you flip your head upside down and loosely gather your hair where it naturally falls with the scrunchie, and you don't even wrap it around itself once. It will be pretty loose. Then I gently get into bed, on my silk pillowcase.

In the morning, my hair maybe isn't *as* great as Day 1, but it's still in pretty good shape. :)
    2c/3a, fine, high porosity
    curly since 4/2008, CG since 3/27/2016

cowash: as i am coconut cowash
    li: kckt
    styler: kccc, brhg
  • nc_adminnc_admin Administrator Posts: 50Administrators Administrator
    Scrunchie for me!
  • MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    colt67 wrote: »
    Hey, everyone! My hair (2b-2c with a few ringlets) is naturally quite fine and super greasy at the roots, which can make it look really limp after a while. I've yet to find a way to stop my hair from completely losing its shape and volume after sleeping on it.

The pineapple method makes my waves looks squashed, and somehow makes my roots even greasier, and plopping overnight is a disaster. Wearing it in a loose, low ponytail seems to gives me the best results, but it still leaves the top of my hair extremely flat and greasy (the top of my hair is pretty much straight anyway) and the ends tangled and frizzy.

Any tips for people with fine, greasy 2b/2c hair?

Hey , :flower:

before started the Curly Girl Method, did you clarify with a silicone -free regular shampoo ?

I ask, because a lot of the gels by John Frieda, Paul Mitchell , etc. have silicones leave a chemical residue on our curls . this residue can cause what you mentioned about the strands always feeling gummy/waxy grease like .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file