kind-of new

sunflower22sunflower22 Registered Users Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
hi, i'm samantha!

i hated my hair for years until december 2016, where i decided i wanted to fix all of the damage i created by hating my hair. i found that i should love what i've been born with rather than want what i will never have. i cut away the rest of my damaged ends back in june.

unfortunately not much has changed since then. i still use sulfate shampoo because my hair gets greasy fast and some of my products have silicones in them.

i really want to try the CG method. i was thinking of buying the devacurl kit for all curl kind since all of those are probably sulfate-free, silicone-free products. is it worth it?

Comments

• nc_adminnc_admin Administrator Administrators Posts: 50 Administrator
    So happy you've decided to love what you were born with!

The Deva kit might be a good place for you to start. Or simply look for products that don't have silicones and then you can eliminate the sulfates.

What is your hair type?
  • sunflower22sunflower22 Registered Users Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
    nc_admin wrote: »
    So happy you've decided to love what you were born with!

The Deva kit might be a good place for you to start. Or simply look for products that don't have silicones and then you can eliminate the sulfates.

What is your hair type?

i think i have a mix of 2c and 3a curls, but i'm not entirely sure. i bought a silicone free conditioner and a sulfate free shampoo a few days ago so hopefully i'll have dirty hair less often. since i want to start CG i was looking for a silicone-free gel but i still can't find one in stores anywhere
  • bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Hi Samantha, Welcome to nc.com. There are a lot of silicone-free gels in the world - off the top of my head, LA Looks Sports Gel, Giovanni LA Natural Gel. You can find Kinky Curly and AsIAm products at Target. For product rec's some popular curly hair blogs have good ideas. I followed Rockyn Curls and LiveCurlyLiveFree when I started. I also really like the Sciency Hair Blog which has general product rec's in addition to more Scieny Hair info than you thought possible. The Sciency Hair Blog also sells a hair analysis report on etsy that includes product rec's.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file