Color -safe Sulfate-free Clarifying Shampoo?

Krisgil88Krisgil88 Posts: 8Registered Users
Can anyone recommend a color-safe sulfate-free Clarifying shampoo for my color treated hair? My hair is dyed red and loses color quickly.
Thanks!

Comments

• mannyshairrmannyshairr Posts: 12Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    I'm currently using a low-poo, it's by Noughty haircare and it's called "Noughty Wave Hello Shampoo" - all of the brand's products are free from sulfates, silicon, parabens and safe to use on coloured hair. I think they have a range specifically for coloured hair too, but double check. A lot of the low-poos out there are gentle enough for coloured hair. 

My hair's watermelon hued atm and it hasnt faded the colour yet but I only had it coloured a week ago and washed it twice since. Make sure you wash with tepid/cold water to help keep the colour for longer. Hope that helps. 
  • MamaJTBMamaJTB Posts: 27Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    Hi!  This is an older question, but the Ouidad Superfruit Renewal clarifying cream shampoo is color safe and sulfate free.  I am also dyed red and use it safely, but reds in general fade the fastest. It has to do with the color molecule being larger, or something like that.  Make sure you aren’t washing your hair for at least 48 hours after color to allow it to penetrate better and set.  It really makes a difference.

Other things that help are glazing or glossing the length each month with a demi permanent color to refresh the red, which is not stripping or too damaging.  Also, you can buy a color depositing condition to enhance the color between appointments, but I would say 1) it can be tricky to find the “right red” since there are so many hues of red ranging from orange to copper to maroon, and 2) those conditioners aren’t moisturizing enough to be your only conditioner (at least not for me).  I always double condition on these days, first with color depositing conditioner, and then with my usual conditioner.  Joico makes a decent one for copper hair that you can buy at Ulta, but I think it has cones, so you have to pick and choose your battles. :)
    2C/3A, low porosity, thin density, color treated, protein sensitive
  • GuenivereGuenivere Posts: 10Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    If you want a cheaper route, Johnsons Baby shampoo is clarifying, and has no sulfates, parabens, or silicones. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file