3A/B Fine Low Porosity Hair: Seasonal Tips Help

BDauzBDauz Registered Users Posts: 28 Curl Neophyte
Hello again! I’m probably going overboard with all of the research I’m Doing online and the info I’m finding through yalls post ... but just going to put this out here in case their is some real science AND results behind this. I’ve been hearing about using specific products, treatments and regimes for different seasons .... meaning summer and winter. It makes sense that your hair has different needs when the weather changes ... but I don’t know what that is.

I have fine, color treated, low Porosity, medium density hair. Let me know what tips/tricks you have!

Thanks y’all! 😁
3A/3B, Low Porosity, Fine Hair, Medium Density, Currently: Limp Curls (Hoping to fix that)

Current Products: Nothing I really want to stick to ... using Shea Moisture, it doesn't do much for my hair. OPEN to suggestions :smile:

-- Brooke

Comments

• StraightPassingStraightPassing Registered Users Posts: 86 Curl Connoisseur
    I've yet to work out exactly whether I need a winter routine but if you do, I would think that for fine low po hair, winter is going to be cold and drying so (actually thinking about what I would change) while a degree of humectants in products is going to be good during summer, in winter it tends to be drier, thinking about the fact that dry cold conditions are what creates show for example. As such, I would say that while you're products for retaining moisture as you would do in summer (when heat is more likely to leech moisture from your hair) are probably fine, perhaps sealing with an oil so your hair isn't reaching for moisture that isn't there would advisable. :)
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    Generally, if the winters are dry, people switch to conditioners that are richer, meaning there are more oils higher up on the ingredients list. People who could get away without a leave-in in the humid summer months might also add a leave-in in the winter. Some people find that hard-hold gel leaves their hair feeling dry and crunchy and flat in the winter, so they may switch to a curl cream that has a lighter hold.

Some people also do more deep conditioning treatments in the winter, or they add them to their regimen if they didn't need to do them in the summer.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    Generally, if the winters are dry, people switch to conditioners that are richer, meaning there are more oils higher up on the ingredients list. People who could get away without a leave-in in the humid summer months might also add a leave-in in the winter. Some people find that hard-hold gel leaves their hair feeling dry and crunchy and flat in the winter, so they may switch to a curl cream that has a lighter hold.

Some people also do more deep conditioning treatments in the winter, or they add them to their regimen if they didn't need to do them in the summer.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • BDauzBDauz Registered Users Posts: 28 Curl Neophyte
    Hey Therese! Being that you have fine hair as well, do you normally put a leave-in in your hair during the hotter months? I've been reading that some people put a leave in BEFORE they put their styling products in. I wasn't sure what the purpose of that was.

You are providing me with a wealth of information! Thanks :)
    3A/3B, Low Porosity, Fine Hair, Medium Density, Currently: Limp Curls (Hoping to fix that)

Current Products: Nothing I really want to stick to ... using Shea Moisture, it doesn't do much for my hair. OPEN to suggestions :smile:

-- Brooke

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file