I'm sorry...

CurlConventionCurlConvention Registered Users Posts: 4
In the end, only 73 of you signed on.

I'd really like to thank Gretchen and Michelle for supporting the project, and the two Dallas-area curlies who volunteered to assist in planning.

Our new member jhusman was able to get us a better rate at a hotel further out of the city, but I'd have to go back to the drawing board on a meeting space/meals contract.

In order to have a convention we do need about 200 participants because we would be expected to pay the travel and hotel expenses of out-of-town speakers. That's what the registration fee would cover.

I cannot just go ahead and say "yes, book it", because once the contract is signed I would personally be liable for the cancellation fee: a fee that increases exponentially as the meeting date approaches.

To those of you who would still like to get together, I make the following proposal:

If J's friend is willing to give us that rate for a smaller group, I suggest we meet in Dallas the weekend of April 12-14. The weather is still bearable at that time of year, even for the Canadians. icon_smile.gif

We could have a small reception the first night, descend on a salon on the Saturday morning, then do sightseeing and/or shopping in the infamous Galleria in the afternoon, followed by Curls' Night Out and the most raucous slumber party the continent has seen in curlyincanada's room. icon_smile.gif

I will send PMs and emails to all who have responded over the next couple of days in which I will outline hotel, location and cost and gage interest to see if this is feasible.

Comments

• curlyincanadacurlyincanada Registered Users Posts: 34
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CurlConvention:
    ... and the most raucous slumber party the continent has seen in curlyincanada's room. icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okey dokey... pass the merlot!
    Keep an open mind and an open heart. Don't take life too seriously - it doesn't last forever, you know. And may I remind you for the last time, keep your crayons sharp, keep your sticky tape untangled and always put the top back on your markers.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks again for all your work. Our time will come.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file