CurlTalk

A rant.

MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Well, I DID rant earlier about the ****ty spammers. this is a different rant.

There are now hundreds of curly products on the market. Even though the current wisdom says that the properties of our hair is way more important than the type of curl, products are almost universally sold by curl type. This is very misleading and frustrating. Deva does this; Dicky does this (the originator of the curl classification system (2abc, 3abc, 4abc). And, when looking for products, we are supposed to choose ONE hair concern. Sheesh! what curly is not concerned about frizz? so if I choose frizz, I cannot choose a product with volume enhancing properties, or a nourishing one? Anyone know of a company or companies that do not do this? The only one I know of is SheaMoisture, which has many options and I love their stuff.

PS management: the notifications are not working.

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 201Registered Users, Moderators Curl Novice
    Myrna wrote: »
    And, when looking for products, we are supposed to choose ONE hair concern. Sheesh! what curly is not concerned about frizz? so if I choose frizz, I cannot choose a product with volume enhancing properties, or a nourishing one?

YES!! I wanted to try Maui Moisture, but I had such a hard time trying to figure out which one. I want volume, I want frizz control, I want moisturizing. Apparently they don't have any single product that does all of that. And they're not the only ones who do that - all the lines do it!
  • nc-vanillanc-vanilla Administrator Posts: 50Administrators Administrator
    Myrna, thanks for the note about notifications.
    We had hoped to have something super awesome to announce by now, but we can't quite yet.
    Please know, however, that we hear you loud and clear and are taking steps to make fixes.
    I'll continue to keep you updated as more info is available.
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    n_c admin, I know you are trying . What I dont understand is the motivation of the spammers. I am sure no one clicks on their bs to see what snake oil they are peddling. Why would they ruin a great site? Some people need to get a life. Years ago, these fools would be sitting alone in a basement apartment or getting drunk in some bar. Now they are on the internet. Everywhere.
  • nc-vanillanc-vanilla Administrator Posts: 50Administrators Administrator
    I agree, Myrna! I guess some infinitesimal number of people actually click on those links and since they're all automated, it offers some return to the people who do them.
    But it is infuriating, I agree.
  • AnnonymoushelpAnnonymoushelp Posts: 5Registered Users
    That I know of, they aren’t people, but bots set to make accounts, sometimes not by people but by other bots. Some are live streams others are products that are trying to catch your attention with names that can real you in, or clickbait. They are pretty tricky to deal with but all that the mods/ admins can do is delete their posts.

It’s my take on these bots from other forums.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,454Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Perhaps you saw my note in Announcements?

The changes we're making to CurlTalk include much better spam control.

And with me working to help control it, I think we'll be in better shape!

I can't tell you how grateful we are for your loyalty, even through the most trying of times. It means so much to us.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 192Registered Users Curl Novice
    Myrna - I totally agree. I find that having fine hair is extremely important when I choose products. Someone looking for a the same qualities in a product with medium or course hair will probably like different products than I like.

So now for my rant:

Can we have threads for fine/medium/course hair - just like we have threads for 2/3/4 hair.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, Colorful Neutral Protein Filler, Sunflower Oil Pre-poo
    Styling: Living Proof Curl Defining Styling Cream and/or Living Proof Curl Enhancing Styling Mousse
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,454Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Myrna - I totally agree. I find that having fine hair is extremely important when I choose products. Someone looking for a the same qualities in a product with medium or course hair will probably like different products than I like.

So now for my rant:

Can we have threads for fine/medium/course hair - just like we have threads for 2/3/4 hair.

YES!!! Absolutely!!! I'm working on changes for the updated CurlTalk now, and feedback/requests like this are EXACTLY what I need.... so keep 'em coming!
    I will definitely add forums for fine/medium/coarse..... great idea!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!