no hope?

mantha27mantha27 Registered Users Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
i have fine, dense, low porosity, 2c/3a hair. i bleached my hair a dirty blonde-ish color in september, but it's still low porosity.

i've tried a lot to help myself, and i hate my hair right now. i have no where else to go so i came here. i'm just going to list a few problems with my hair that are bothering me the most.
i use CG method to try and take care of my hair for the most part.

1. my hair doesn't hold moisture at all. it's very dry and it feels like straw 24/7, even when wet. i've tried multiple deep conditioning treatments and they haven't changed anything about the condition of my hair.

2. detangling my hair just doesn't work. it tangles itself back together in an instant after i spend about 10 minutes in the shower trying to detangle with 15 pumps of conditioner. i've tried multiple methods to go about detangling and nothing has worked for me so far.

3. my curls like to separate very easily, both when dry and when wet. when it's soaking wet there's very blatant curl definition but the second i scrunch away excess water it all falls apart.

4. my fully-dry hair is tangled, messy, flat, and gets greasy after a day. i have to wash my hair around 2 times a week as of recent, 3 if it's very bad. when my hair is wet it feels weird and mushy, and because it's low porosity it takes all day to dry, which is just annoying to me.. but i can't fix that.

i'd love for some help because i have absolutely no reason to love my hair right now. i hate it.

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    If your hair always feels very dry and strawlike, even when wet, you may have protein overload. Low-porosity hair can be very sensitive to protein. Have the deep conditioning treatments you've been doing been protein free?

You may also have build-up. CG-approved products still cause build-up, though it may take longer to appear than with silicone-containing products. I would do a sulfate shampoo to get rid of any build-up.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • persikorpersikor Registered Users Posts: 13 Curl Neophyte
    I have 3a hair (kind of looks like slash's hair but not as big and curly) and it's very low porosity. I've come to realise that my best friend when it comes to moisture is JOJOBA OIL! Deep conditioners don't do **** for me if I cant use a heater with it. I schampoo my hair as usual, condition it with a paraben and silicone free conditioner from The Body Shop and before my hair dries completely i but a tiny bit, like a small coin size of jojoba oil all through out my hair. I put oil in it like every other night before going to bed and sleep with a satin bonet. Helps a lot for me!
  • ellielikesfoodellielikesfood Registered Users Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
    i'm having the exact same issue with my hair (not so much the tangling aspect), and i just tried ApHogee Two Step Protein treatment (note that i've got a good deal of bleach damage that i've been trimming away at since March) because I felt that maybe protein was all i needed since nothing else has helped my hair since that last round of bleach. now it's not frizzy at all really, but the only affect the protein seemed to have was just making my hair feel softer and stronger, it didn't revive my curls. I was at a 3a/b in march, but after that last round of bleach now I'm at a 2a. I think my hair has settled at this texture now as it's been months and i'm devastated :(
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    i'm having the exact same issue with my hair (not so much the tangling aspect), and i just tried ApHogee Two Step Protein treatment (note that i've got a good deal of bleach damage that i've been trimming away at since March) because I felt that maybe protein was all i needed since nothing else has helped my hair since that last round of bleach. now it's not frizzy at all really, but the only affect the protein seemed to have was just making my hair feel softer and stronger, it didn't revive my curls. I was at a 3a/b in march, but after that last round of bleach now I'm at a 2a. I think my hair has settled at this texture now as it's been months and i'm devastated :(
    Love your nickname!  I'm guessing the bleach has permanently damaged your curl pattern. The protein was a good start to curb the frizz, but you may not get curls back until new growth comes in. Can you transition away from the bleach? Try a different hair color that isn't so damaging? 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file