Hair stylist advice

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
So I get my highlights and cuts at an inexpensive chain (Saturdays). I started going there initially bc I liked the freedom of just being able to walk in whenever and not having to work my week around an apt time. But several yrs ago I started requesting, and then scheduling appointments with, this older stylist, Janet. She saved me from a botched color job and I have gone to her ever since. But she is old and of retirement age. She works only two days a week...I'm sure she will retire completely soon. So I am currently hating my hair and I want to go darker, starting with major low lights. I really want this done asap as I have serious roots and just hate the way it looks. This Saturday is perfect and really my only opportunity as my kids are with their father so no sports, no parties, no responsibilities. But Janet is booked all day on Saturday. She doesn't work Sundays. Going in at 10am on a Wednesday just isn't feasible. Her next apt after that is the following Saturday but I will have my kids and Idk yet if they will have sports practices. So that's not a great option for me. It's looking like I will have to wait 2.5 weeks until Nov 11...if I wait for Janet.

Is it bad if I go w/ someone else? If so, should it be from that Saturdays location? Or another location? And what do I tell Janet when I go back to her? It's not like my hair turned bright green and I absolutely needed her right then.

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    No, you're totally ok to go in there and have someone else do it. She's taken herself down to two days a week, she knows everyone can't fit that schedule and you've already tried to get in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,170 Curl Virtuoso
    I'd say it's fine too. If she says anything just tell her you had a function to go to and really needed your roots done - she knows her availability is limited.
    3b in South Australia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file