HELP! How to prevent frizz from the weather?

lindenlinden Posts: 6Registered Users
So, I'm having some serious issues with how to finish my hair and I'm starting to wonder if it's a unique problem...

So a little background, I got 3A curls, my hair strands are really fine, but there is a lot of it. As a result super prone to frizz. I had a great product routine forever, with the star player being Ouidad's heat and humidity gel. However, that entire line is pretty much impossible to get in Canada unless you are willing to spend a fortune. I switch to DevaCurl and for the most part I'm pretty happy with one caveat.

I love the way my hair looks when I'm done diffusing it, it's shiny, has a lot of volume, and as frizz free as I can get it. However, by the time I walk to work, it's a flat, frizzy, dull mess. What I used to do was after blow drying I would run the Ouidad gel over my curls to kind of seal in the style and it was perfect. I tried doing that with the deva light defining gel, and it was a major fail. The deva people are saying not to use anything and add evermore product on before I blow dry it...which seams weird to me.

I live in an area with extreme weather, I'm talking +40ºC in the summer and -45ºC in the winter, really bad humidity, and wind and rain...basically a curly girl's worse nightmare. So what do you all do, is using a finishing product that weird? I don't want to use a hairspray because my hair is already so dry...HELP!
3A Curls | Fine | Frizzy | Colour Treated
DevaCurl: No Poo, One Condition Original, Light Defining Gel, & Heaven in Hair
Living in the Extremes ±45ºC
:wav:

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,463Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I use hairspray. Can you find one without a lot of alcohol? It is the alcohol in hairspray that is drying.

I use the Intelligent Nutrients Moisture Replenishing Hairspray, but maybe that is not available in your area.

Another option would be to scrunch a bit of oil into your hair after you are done diffusing. You could use just a drop or two of jojoba. Jojoba is supposed to sit on top of the hair and not penetrate well, so it would be a good barrier against the extreme temps. If jojoba makes your hair look greasy, you could try a tiny bit of shea butter instead, which is a "drier" oil. Sometimes oils that are liquid at room temp can feel heavy on the hair.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,463Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I use hairspray. Can you find one without a lot of alcohol? It is the alcohol in hairspray that is drying.

I use the Intelligent Nutrients Moisture Replenishing Hairspray, but maybe that is not available in your area.

Another option would be to scrunch a bit of oil into your hair after you are done diffusing. You could use just a drop or two of jojoba. Jojoba is supposed to sit on top of the hair and not penetrate well, so it would be a good barrier against the extreme temps. If jojoba makes your hair look greasy, you could try a tiny bit of shea butter instead, which is a "drier" oil. Sometimes oils that are liquid at room temp can feel heavy on the hair.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file