Do you comb your hair? How are you dealing with falling out hair?

eatgrapeseatgrapes Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi, do you comb your hair?
I don't but I don't know how to get falling out hair out
of my hair. They fall out at the root but they stay in my hair until I see them and pull them out. It's annoying but I don't want to comb. How are you dealing with that?

Comments

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    The falling out hair came out in the shower when I shampoo/condition. However a couple years ago, the drought came and I needed to get out of the shower faster so I started combing. Now, I comb dry to detangle then shampoo/condition, but most of the hair still comes out when I shower.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • AnnonymoushelpAnnonymoushelp Posts: 5Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You have to keep in mind the scalp naturally loses 50-150 strands of hair a day and only around 10% of the hair follicles are dormant. Humans have between 90k-150k strands depending on your genetics such as being a red head or a blonde. Black/ brunettes fall in between and have 100k-110k on their head.

If you comb/ finger detangle after you or while you condition your whole head or sections, not only does it reduce breakage it’s also far better than doing it dry.

Dry detangling can increase the chances of breakage, but so can wet hair detangling, I personally do condition detangling because it reduces the friction that causes the breaking points and also nourishes :D.
  • AnnonymoushelpAnnonymoushelp Posts: 5Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You have to keep in mind the scalp naturally loses 50-150 strands of hair a day and only around 10% of the hair follicles are dormant. Humans have between 90k-150k strands depending on your genetics such as being a red head or a blonde. Black/ brunettes fall in between and have 100k-110k on their head.

If you comb/ finger detangle after you or while you condition your whole head or sections, not only does it reduce breakage it’s also far better than doing it dry.

Dry detangling can increase the chances of breakage, but so can wet hair detangling, I personally do condition detangling because it reduces the friction that causes the breaking points and also nourishes :D.
  • lindenlinden Posts: 6Registered Users
    +1 for shower. I don't comb my hair until It's soaking wet and coated with conditioner in the shower, and I use an insanely wide tooth comb. I bought a tub shroom so that any hair I can't collect from my comb doesn't clog the drain.
    3A Curls | Fine | Frizzy | Colour Treated
    DevaCurl: No Poo, One Condition Original, Light Defining Gel, & Heaven in Hair
    Living in the Extremes ±45ºC
    :wav:
  • StraightPassingStraightPassing Posts: 77Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    As other people are asking here, I'm a 3a/b looking to start just finger detangling. My only concern is, I know that when I comb I get a small amount of dead hair come out (even less now I'm using flaxseed gel :) ). I find that dead hair comes out a bit on its own during washing but not as much as when combing. I want to finger detangle because it would mean less breakage and hopefully frizz, but I'm not sure if it's the best for my hair in terms of dead hair as my hair is low porosity and fairly high density. Thoughts? :)
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    As other people are asking here, I'm a 3a/b looking to start just finger detangling. My only concern is, I know that when I comb I get a small amount of dead hair come out (even less now I'm using flaxseed gel :) ). I find that dead hair comes out a bit on its own during washing but not as much as when combing. I want to finger detangle because it would mean less breakage and hopefully frizz, but I'm not sure if it's the best for my hair in terms of dead hair as my hair is low porosity and fairly high density. Thoughts? :)
    Generally speaking finger detangling is considered better all around rather than combing. Most of my dead hair comes out in the shower during shamp/condish rather than in the comb before the shower.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • StraightPassingStraightPassing Posts: 77Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'll bear that in mind thanks! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file