Shrinkage/ 3c Curl Pattern change in Humidity

valentinaxoxovalentinaxoxo Registered Users Posts: 3
Hi, All!

I have been on my natural hair journey ever since I was 17/18 and I had a couple of questions when it came to my hair and caring for it in the hot/ humid weather. What in God's name can I do to help my hair from shrinking and changing curl patterns on me when I leave my Florida home? Also, has anyone else experienced this? While I don't mind the fro, I would like for my hair to stay the way I styled it icon_cry.gif

Specs on my hair: I have verrry coily 3c hair right under the canopy, medium to high porosity, medium width, and medium-low density.

Comments

• TriniGirlNaturaTriniGirlNatura Registered Users Posts: 11 Curl Neophyte
    Pics? Are you using a styler with hold? Are you using products with glycerin? Are your products moisturizing enough? Florida is actually pretty humid

All about helping others achieve healthy, beautiful natural hair. Check me out on YouTube 😊!

https://www.youtube.com/c/TriniGirlNatural

Follow me on instagram for my daily doings:occasion9::
    http://instagram.com/trinigirlnatural
    Save
    Save
    Save
    Save
    Save
  • unifiedcurlsukunifiedcurlsuk Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hey there!

So i don't live in a hot country like yourself, however i have been on multiple holidays this year and i have experienced what you are talking about. When i was in Israel and Bali the humidity was hiiiigh!

I found using the LOC method and applying a more wet leave in to be super helpful. I used soft 'n' free leave in followed by Jamaican black and finished with shea moisture curl smoothie which really did help seal the moisture and prevent my styles being ruined.

you can check out my look by searching my username on youtube - just starting :)
  • valentinaxoxovalentinaxoxo Registered Users Posts: 3
    Pics? Are you using a styler with hold? Are you using products with glycerin? Are your products moisturizing enough? Florida is actually pretty humid

Hi! I'd have to take pictures of before and after, but you can see my hair texture in my profile picture. That hair is like day 4 hair and I wet my hair once a week. I use the shea moisture curling milk and smoothie and the eco styler olive oil gel. I think the eco styler has glycerin! icon_smile.gif
  • valentinaxoxovalentinaxoxo Registered Users Posts: 3
    Hey there!

So i don't live in a hot country like yourself, however i have been on multiple holidays this year and i have experienced what you are talking about. When i was in Israel and Bali the humidity was hiiiigh!

I found using the LOC method and applying a more wet leave in to be super helpful. I used soft 'n' free leave in followed by Jamaican black and finished with shea moisture curl smoothie which really did help seal the moisture and prevent my styles being ruined.

you can check out my look by searching my username on youtube - just starting :)

First of all, you're very pretty and I love your hair and Youtube channel! Second, what do you mean by a wet leave in? Something like a gel? Thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file