Just tried Devacurl for the first time

piccadilly13piccadilly13 Registered Users Posts: 79 Curl Neophyte
Howdy y’all, it’s been a while. (Broken bone in foot has made it a little harder to be concerned about my hair lately.) BUT, I’m almost all the way healed so I’ll let my hair consume all my thoughts once again. :)

Spending the night at my parents tonight and don’t have any of my *regular* hair products that I’ve used basically since I became CG 18 months ago. Came across a trial set of Deva products in the bathroom cabinet, and I don’t have to go to work tomorrow, so why not give them a whirl?

I used the no-poo, one condition, and then some trusty KCKT that was already in the shower, and finally the light hold gel.

First impression - there was a ton more water to scrunch out of my hair with a T-shirt compared to when I use KCCC and gel. ALSO, when I undid my 10-minute plop, my hair seemed so much drier than it usually does at this point in the process. I’m guessing this leads to faster air-drying?

How does Devacurl hold up to humidity? I definitely like the low-maintenance aspect of using just these three products, and the potential for quick air-drying, but I’m going to Thailand in a month and I hear it’s very humid there ;)
2c/3a, fine, high porosity
curly since 4/2008, CG since 3/27/2016

cowash: as i am coconut cowash
li: kckt
styler: kccc, brhg

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    My hair always dries fastest when I use Deva gel. That's why I use it during the winter. Our winters get so cold that my hair must be 100% before I walk out the door, otherwise it'll freeze. I don't know about humidity though, because we don't get much of that around here.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • piccadilly13piccadilly13 Registered Users Posts: 79 Curl Neophyte
    That’s good to know! Do you use the light-hold or heavier-hold gel? I used the light-hold because the heavy one was missing, but I would interested in trying it.

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    I use the Ultra Defining gel. My hair has such a weak curl pattern, I need a hard hold gel to help retain it. The light hold gel didn't do much of anything for me.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • MsSofteeMsSoftee Registered Users Posts: 27 Curl Neophyte
    I have a strong curl and medium to high porosity, and I find that Deva products with glycerin (a common humectant) don't give me a lot of life. They either dry me out in most weather or give me some frizz in higher humidity, but on the other hand they are lightweight. In order to use Deva Arc angel I have to pair it with flax gel. The only reason I'm using it now is because I bought it, so I have to. lol
  • piccadilly13piccadilly13 Registered Users Posts: 79 Curl Neophyte
    Lol, I think I'm going to return the Ultra-Defining Gel I bought from Ulta (trial size). I like the definition I get, but my hair seems drier and frizzier. I was in high dews on Saturday night and my hair was definitely affected by it. I still love how fast my hair dries with it, but that may be more from using something other than KCCC for the first time, like, ever.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file