Leave-in vs Leaving in Daily Conditioner

oashleeoashlee Registered Users Posts: 10 Curl Neophyte
I started out as 2c when I started going more CG...it has been about two weeks, and I am definitely more of a 3a at this point. Still learning how to use styling products. My main question for everyone is whether you prefer a dedicated leave-in conditioner or whether you prefer to use your daily. I have been using a dedicated leave-in but am thinking about looking for a more moisturizing daily conditioner and just using that. I have been using the DevaCurl Original One Conditioner as my daily conditioner but don't find it moisturizing enough, especially to use as a leave-in. I don't really like the Carol's Daughter Almond Milk Leave-in. Mixed Chicks and As I Am have been my favorite so far. My hair tends to frizz (I think due to dryness, but still trying to pinpoint), so praying hands method is great, along with moisturizing at night by spraying water/Leave-in and adding additional leave-in. I have been deep conditioning once a week. Sorry for all the info...I am still new at this....what do you guys like to do for leave-in conditioning?
CG since Oct 2017
2c/3a, frizz-prone
Density: med-thick
Porosity: medium-high
Thickness: medium

Wash: DevaCurl LowPoo/OneCond Delight & NoPoo/OneCond Decadence
LI: CJ CASL
Stylers: CJ CCCL, DC UDG, KCCC, KC Original
Experimenting with: jessicurl, oidad, CJ, protein!

Comments

• PammyMcPammyMc Registered Users Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    I am still experimenting with products but I really love the As I Am Leave In. It doesn't weigh my hair down as much as a regular daily left in.
  • oashleeoashlee Registered Users Posts: 10 Curl Neophyte
    I like the As I Am leave-in as well. I think my hair needs a lot of moisture...I tried leaving in the DevaCurl One Conditioner (I'm alternating between decadence and delight now) and had better results. I think I am washing my hair too much, but I cannot figure out how to do second day hair without massive frizz yet. I try to just cowash, but my hair will feel dry and frizzy by the end of the day.
    CG since Oct 2017
    2c/3a, frizz-prone

• oashleeoashlee Registered Users Posts: 10 Curl Neophyte
    UPDATE: So far the KCKT+KCCC has left my hair super soft and frizz free. I am still playing with the application though since I noticed I had less curling the first time I used it. This was probably due to the way I applied. Still looking for the right balance. I think my hair likes protein though, so I am also looking for ways to keep my protein levels balanced. Also, I am liking just leaving my conditioner (DevaCurl OC) in my hair and getting any excess out by scrunching with my microfiber towel.
    CG since Oct 2017
    2c/3a, frizz-prone

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file