CurlTalk

No Poo and OneC

pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users
I've really been trying to give these products a chance. I've only been using them a week but my curls seem stringier since using them. I don't get the clumps I was getting before. And I never had tangles before and do now. Am I the only one not thrilled with Deva Products?

Comments

• hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    I use them and love them, but I do experience what you mentioned. I think it must be amodimethicone build up, and that would require a "poo", after I use a shampoo, my hair does better. . .I've given the no poo routine a try a few times too...I keep going back and forth...but ultimately I think my fine 3b hair does need a shampoo whether it be coco betaine or sulfates.

If you are strict no poo, you might try an ACV rinse or brown sugar scrub.
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users
    What kind of shampoo do you use? Do you use it daily?
    Depending on how my hair feels I will use low poo or Suave Clarifying...when I shampoo, I usually shampoo about twice a week, alternating a low poo and sulfate, so maybe on wednesday I might low poo then on Sunday, clarify with Suave Clarifying...also I feel that opens up my options to use whatever stylers I might be experimenting with that week...then next week though I might just co-wash all week after I clarify. I can't seem to find a good routine to stick with either. The cheap stuff seems to be working very well for me too...recently been using clairol condition 3-1 mousse...it's wonderful.
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

I was co-washing with Suave Naturals and using TIGI Oatmeal & Honey, then my leave-in. And Joico Mousse for styling. When I got my hair cut last week she said my hair was overconditioned so now I'm trying to figure out something that will work. I already had a full bottle of No Poo and OneC so I tried that. Maybe I should give it some more time.

I did my hair twice this morning because I couldn't handle how stringy my curls were turning out. The second time, I added my leave-in after drying my hair with my micro fiber towel. Then applied my mousse and diffused my hair upside down and my curls turned out much better.
    Maybe if you are overconditioned, what I do, is for a few days in a row, just go light on the conditioner...don't use one c maybe for a few days...just use something lighter so you aren't so overconditioned. I can definitely tell when I am overconditioned, I get droopy stringy curls.
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it tomorrow. :)
    Anytime! It seems like you and I are usually fighting the same hair battles :)
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

• meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    OneC makes my hair droopy and stringy after a couple uses as well.
    I do like NoPoo but regular use of that one zaps the little bit of volume I have.
    If you wanna stick with the Deva products, I'd suggest picking up some LowPoo to cut down on the OneC build-up.

I'd definitely try an ACV rinse. Whenever my hair gets droopy, that pretty much perks it right up. :)

Overall, I'd probably NoPoo, ACV wash/rinse, then use a light co. Then just do NoPoo and the lighter co for a week or two and pick up a sulfate-free 'poo to use as needed (once a week or so, maybe). If you're still feeling droopy, you could repeat the ACV rinse in a week.
    I would save the OneC for when you need deeper conditioning or to use on just the ends.

Have you been using the OneC as a leave in as well? If so, you might want to use a lighter leave-in instead. I found OneC to be way too heavy to leave in my hair.

Hope you are able to get some spring back soon! :)
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fthekittenavenger" class="Popup
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)