The state of this site is EMBARRASSING

spirallyyoursspirallyyours Posts: 69Registered Users Curl Neophyte
The state of this website is SAD. Do you guys realize how unprofessional your website looks with all of the spam on your site? And it's charming that in the midst of all of the spam consistently you can see a plea from a user that has been on this site for almost 20 years to resolve this, that thread represents the disappointment of all that frequent this site for advice.

Whether it has been for years or a few days, many curlies use this portion of the site to further expand their knowledge of how to take care of their hair. Believe or not, this feature actually helped distinguish your site from others. In fact, the knowledge from these forums are so valuable that you created a book filled with knowledge you have accumulated from the users of this site that you are SELLING. This proves that the knowledge shared here is so valuable that you sought these people out to profit from them. And instead of cultivating that which you profit from, you are alienating the very people that you are benefiting from. Your article about your new book literally states that this site, that book you guys are so proud of, would be nothing without us. I'd provide a screenshot of the exact quote in this post, but the majority of buttons on the threads do not work anymore. Even if they did, there is no tutorial or explanation of how to use it. Because like a lot of things on this site, it makes you feel like what you are doing matters but in reality your images and words cannot be seen by others. At least easily anyway. Interesting.

I don’t understand how people who are supposedly passionate about helping other people learn how to manage curly hair can neglect so many people just trying to wear their hair to their full potential. And I’m talking about the Facebook posts I see unanswered, the discussion section of your Youtube channel I just learned about (that shows no hint of your activity), and the comments on the articles that you guys spend the most effort on. Why do you invite discussion when you don’t say anything? Your silence on all these platforms speak volumes. You can’t even have your interns devote time to answering these questions? And this spans back years, before you guys announced your book. We can’t do all of your work with all of these barriers. Even if we wanted to, we don’t have time. If you wanted to ignore us to encourage the purchase of your future book I’m not buying it simply out of principle. What you are doing is just too disrespectful.

The only active administrator at the moment I see is a volunteer. And she can’t do it all. She for some reason feels more responsible for your negligence than you. Probably because she devotes what little spare time she has to clean up the surface of the mess that your site is. The information that users of this site benefit from most is volunteered, giving you guys traffic and money and you don’t even make it easy for us to do it. If we are going to stuff money into your wallet, could you at least open it up for us? Or better yet, show us which pocket it is in so we can take it out and put money in like you expect us to? Even the resources that you provided that are helpful are hard to find. We don’t have time to be sleuths and comb every inch of this site to find that one morsel of information needed for us to up our curl game if only by just a little. How are new people supposed to know what terms to search for the help that they need?

The worst part of it all is that we would gladly help if you gave us the opportunity to. And that’s where most of our frustrations stem. You make it so hard for us to help you now. In spite of everything, I still recommended use of your Curl Mart to others or show others how to make the most of your site. But now, I can’t even do that because this site is broken. Reviews I’ve left don’t show up without explanation. So many people take time out of their day to contribute to this site without any compensation and this is what we get? If you’re wondering why this site has declined in activity its YOUR fault. YOUR negligence. YOUR apathy. And I know all of this because you leave up all of the complaints and pleas for help around your website and other platforms for me and others to find. In fact, ironically enough, they are stuck on the top of forums for all to see. You guys don’t even bother to send a disingenuous response saying “you’re working on the issue” to give the illusion that you care. That is the most disappointing thing about this.

You guys can’t even commit to faking concern about our wellbeing.
3B with a little 3C mixed in. My hair's porosity is on the low, low. Fine, medium density. Finally reached shoulder length!

:wav:

Comments

• nc_adminnc_admin Administrator Posts: 50Administrators Administrator
    Thank you, spirallyyours, for your frank and honest appraisal.

We hope to be able to share some really great news very soon, but please know that we do hear you and that we are working right now, on the back end, to improve things.
  • AddeeAddee Posts: 412Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The state of this website is SAD. Do you guys realize how unprofessional your website looks with all of the spam on your site? And it's charming that in the midst of all of the spam consistently you can see a plea from a user that has been on this site for almost 20 years to resolve this, that thread represents the disappointment of all that frequent this site for advice.

Whether it has been for years or a few days, many curlies use this portion of the site to further expand their knowledge of how to take care of their hair. Believe or not, this feature actually helped distinguish your site from others. In fact, the knowledge from these forums are so valuable that you created a book filled with knowledge you have accumulated from the users of this site that you are SELLING. This proves that the knowledge shared here is so valuable that you sought these people out to profit from them. And instead of cultivating that which you profit from, you are alienating the very people that you are benefiting from. Your article about your new book literally states that this site, that book you guys are so proud of, would be nothing without us. I'd provide a screenshot of the exact quote in this post, but the majority of buttons on the threads do not work anymore. Even if they did, there is no tutorial or explanation of how to use it. Because like a lot of things on this site, it makes you feel like what you are doing matters but in reality your images and words cannot be seen by others. At least easily anyway. Interesting.

I don’t understand how people who are supposedly passionate about helping other people learn how to manage curly hair can neglect so many people just trying to wear their hair to their full potential. And I’m talking about the Facebook posts I see unanswered, the discussion section of your Youtube channel I just learned about (that shows no hint of your activity), and the comments on the articles that you guys spend the most effort on. Why do you invite discussion when you don’t say anything? Your silence on all these platforms speak volumes. You can’t even have your interns devote time to answering these questions? And this spans back years, before you guys announced your book. We can’t do all of your work with all of these barriers. Even if we wanted to, we don’t have time. If you wanted to ignore us to encourage the purchase of your future book I’m not buying it simply out of principle. What you are doing is just too disrespectful.

The only active administrator at the moment I see is a volunteer. And she can’t do it all. She for some reason feels more responsible for your negligence than you. Probably because she devotes what little spare time she has to clean up the surface of the mess that your site is. The information that users of this site benefit from most is volunteered, giving you guys traffic and money and you don’t even make it easy for us to do it. If we are going to stuff money into your wallet, could you at least open it up for us? Or better yet, show us which pocket it is in so we can take it out and put money in like you expect us to? Even the resources that you provided that are helpful are hard to find. We don’t have time to be sleuths and comb every inch of this site to find that one morsel of information needed for us to up our curl game if only by just a little. How are new people supposed to know what terms to search for the help that they need?

The worst part of it all is that we would gladly help if you gave us the opportunity to. And that’s where most of our frustrations stem. You make it so hard for us to help you now. In spite of everything, I still recommended use of your Curl Mart to others or show others how to make the most of your site. But now, I can’t even do that because this site is broken. Reviews I’ve left don’t show up without explanation. So many people take time out of their day to contribute to this site without any compensation and this is what we get? If you’re wondering why this site has declined in activity its YOUR fault. YOUR negligence. YOUR apathy. And I know all of this because you leave up all of the complaints and pleas for help around your website and other platforms for me and others to find. In fact, ironically enough, they are stuck on the top of forums for all to see. You guys don’t even bother to send a disingenuous response saying “you’re working on the issue” to give the illusion that you care. That is the most disappointing thing about this.

You guys can’t even commit to faking concern about our wellbeing.

I’m completely convinced the powers that be at this company DGAF. If they cared they would have put resources into fixing problems that have existed on this site forYEARS. People have been complaining for YEARS. Many of us couldn’t even post without trying 5 or 6 Times. People are only going to complain for so long before they go elsewhere. Seems like at least they’d make the connection that fewer page views hurts ad revenue but no. I talk to another long time poster on the phone regularly. I should say former long time poster. she has abandoned this site. I used to come to this site daily for years. Now I barely look at it. I still occasionally poke my head in but I have a bad taste for NC. I stuck around even after the Great 4a Exodus but even not even nostalgic memories of the good ole days make me want to come here much. I unfollowed them on Facebook after a few too many articles I was not pleased with and no longer recommend it to people. It’s not so bad for me because I’m a long time natural from a family where natural is common. when I started here there was a lot of support and advice here. Not many people are sticking around to do that for people coming along now. They can watch videos and read Facebook but those are not as interactive as forums. when it was more active, the response time was pretty quick.

As for things improving, I’ll believe it when I see it. So far I’m Stevie Wonder.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Hi there. I hope you saw my note in Announcements.

If all goes as planned, we'll be uploading some significant changes next week. We've been working feverishly in the background to COMPLETELY update CurlTalk and though we're still working out a few kinks, we hope to launch next week.

So thanks for your feedback and please stay tuned.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file