Eyebrow color

Sweet CurlySweet Curly Posts: 32Registered Users
I've realized recently that my face looks weird because my eyebrows are almost colorless. They blend right into my face and it looks like I don't have any! I'd like to darken them with makeup occasionally, and am not sure what to use.

Eyebrow pencil seems wrong. It makes too defined a line. I see eyebrow shadow, eyebrow gel, all kinds of stuff. Anyone have any suggestions on what works best? I'm thinking the eyebrow shadow would look most natural, but I can't imagine it lasting long.

Any tips appreciated!

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,729Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    first, you might consider getting your brows dyed to a shade you like. it can be done safely at a salon.

then a brow powder will give the most natural look.

use a small, stiff brush to apply it in short, feathery strokes. get the person who sells it to you to show you how to use it properly.

surprizingly enough, MAC doesn't make a brow powder, they have a pencil, but they also have a mascara-like product to set brows that comes in several colours. you could try that for temporary darkening from time to time.

these companies sell brow powders: Iman and Joey New York. they're available at Sephora. i thought The Body Shop made one too!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • Sweet CurlySweet Curly Posts: 32Registered Users
    Thanks for the reply Rou! I've tried dying my eyebrows with the same dye I use on my hair, but it only lasted about a day. I'm a very low maintenance girl, so having *anything* done at a salon is pretty much a no go. If I can't do it at home, it's probably not going to get done.

I'll try the brow gel maybe, and then the powder over the gel? Maybe the gell would set the powder... hmmm...

Have to make a trip to the mall!
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,729Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    powder first, then gel over it to set it in place!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • SweetPicklesSweetPickles Posts: 850Registered Users
    S., Bare Escentuals also makes a bunch of eyebrow powders that have really great staying powder (I actually just use one of their dark brown eyeliner shadows, with great results). Here are the colors: http://www.dtnorth.com/BE/Colors%20--%20Brow%20Colors.jpg

I feel like a big schmuck. Haven't talked to you in ages. :(
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
    Thanks Mel!! That Strawberry color looks like it would be perfect for my coloring!! I already have some clear eyebrow gel so if putting that over the powder would work, then I think I'm set. I'll have to find where I can buy this stuff now.

Don't feel like a schmuck! I haven't written in ages either. All kinds of stuff going on, mostly that Guy and I are getting married!! Only 8 weeks away now, so planning is reaching a peak. Small wedding, big party, so nothing too major, but lots of little details nonetheless. The rest of life is going along rather smoothly, other than the job which I still hate. I hope you are doing well in PA!
  • SweetPicklesSweetPickles Posts: 850Registered Users
    GET OUT! You're getting married??? CONGRATS! I'm so incredibly happy for you!! 8 weeks, even for a small gathering, you must be so busy! Gosh, that's just so exciting Sue. :dance:dance.gif

Since there's no Ulta near Columbus (or anywhere in Ohio according to the Ulta website), you can order the brow powder directly from QVC. I tried getting a link for you, but stupid frames won't let me. Also, if you want, I can see if my Ulta has that color, and I'd be happy to send you some. I use a really, really, really tiny & skinny paintbrush from Michael's to apply, and it works great.

Again, congrats!! After the wedding, we'll definitely have to catch up!
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
    yeah, I know. Can you believe it?!?! It just kind of "happened". I was feeling badly just before Christmas that it seemed we were never going to get married. We had two discussions about it and before I knew it, Guy was all "so when we're married" and he got me the ring and planning started. Just like that. From "never" to "May" in a matter of about 2 weeks.

Thanks for the offer on the makeup. I'll email you if I need to take you up on it. I was at the store at lunch and found a combo wax/powder set for eyebrows that seems like it might work pretty well. The wax will set the brows and the color, or so it claims! If it doesn't work I'll be in touch about the Ulta stuff.

Thanks Mel!
  • hestercurlshestercurls Posts: 31Registered Users
    Sweetcurly-
    I posted a topic on here a while ago because my hair is naturally very light blonde and i have one eyebrow that is white blonde or "clear" and the other is sort of light brown. I've been wearing Maybelline eyebrow shadow on them since 7th grade and started getting them dyed professionally in high school. Sometimes when I dye my hair darker I dye my brows myself but it never turns out as well as when the aesthetician does it. I get my eyelashes dyed too. It's only 25 dollars to have everything done, and I love it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file