What time do you wash your hair?

One of my previous posts brought up another question I've been thinking about- I wanted to know at what time of day do most of you wash your hair- in the morning when you get up, or the evening and sleep on it?
Very fine, alot of it. Not sure ofType. Wavy. Loving my hair! HG- Boots Curling cream
~all of my avatars drawn by yours truly~
Yahoo album- updated 6/17/04
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jeanette_culver/my_photos
My routine is now posted there.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    I wash my hair in the morning, because I like to shower in the morning. I like to leave the house clean and fresh.
  • StarlaStarla Registered Users Posts: 31
    Same as curlyshorty: I like to feel clean all over when I leave the house.
  • curlyindian75curlyindian75 Registered Users Posts: 118
    I wash my hair in morning. Because If I wash my hair in the evening, it gets all frizzy and weird shaped. This way I feel fresh and clean in the mornign and my curls look a million times better
    3B,thick,medium/coarse,high porosity(i think),low elasticity
    DRYDRYDRY hair.
    CG since: 4/17/11
    cowash: tresseme naturals moisture or smooth
    rinse out: GFTN
    leave in: a little bit of my rinse out
    Stylers (gels): (if I feel like it) LALSG or Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Styling Gel
    *Currently need: a good deep conditioning treament for my DRYDRYDRY hair- if you can suggest any good (cheapie) DTs, I would really appreciate it!
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Registered Users Posts: 1,443
    When I wash and sleep on it wet (on a microfiber towel), it's like modified plopping. When I wash in the morning (rarely), my hair is straighter like gravity has pulled out my curls.
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • JessicurlJessicurl Registered Users Posts: 401
    At night, to help with my allergies. In the morning I shower again, but only condition. I have to start with soaking wet hair in order to get my best curls, but prefer washing at night.
    If you're not going to make your dreams epic, why bother to dream anything at all? -Scott Miller
  • curls&swirlscurls&swirls Registered Users Posts: 70
    In the morning. Usually with assistance from my daughter and the beagle. When do you get to be alone in the bathroom with kids? Is it when they marry and move out? :P
    Don't keep up with the Joneses....drag them down to your level--Quentin Crisp
  • curlyindian75curlyindian75 Registered Users Posts: 118
    What is plopping by the way?
    3B,thick,medium/coarse,high porosity(i think),low elasticity
    DRYDRYDRY hair.
    CG since: 4/17/11
    cowash: tresseme naturals moisture or smooth
    rinse out: GFTN
    leave in: a little bit of my rinse out
    Stylers (gels): (if I feel like it) LALSG or Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Styling Gel
    *Currently need: a good deep conditioning treament for my DRYDRYDRY hair- if you can suggest any good (cheapie) DTs, I would really appreciate it!
  • mitabirdmitabird Registered Users Posts: 226 Curl Connoisseur
    What is plopping by the way?

Here's a link that describes it.

http://naturallycurly2.com/curlscene/entry.php?id=140&entrytype=articles

This is the way I do it:

I use a t-shirt to plop. It helps keep the frizzies at bay. I just puddle my hair in the middle of the t-shirt, grab all the loose ends and use a scrunchie to tie it at the back of my neck (as if I were doing a low ponytail). I hope that makes sense.
    Western Pennsylvania

3b, medium textured, medium thickness, medium porosity, protein sensitive
    CG since 6/22/04

CO Washes: Suave Conditioners, Devacurl No Poo
    Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish, GV Conditioning Balm, JC Too Shea
    Styling: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, Chi Infra Gel, GF Pure Clean Gel
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair, Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture, Hask Henna & Placenta (every 3 mo)

Hair photos
    pw: manycurls
  • mitabirdmitabird Registered Users Posts: 226 Curl Connoisseur
    I also wash my hair in the morning. If I wash it at night and then sleep on it, I have :shock: hair to deal with in the morning. :lol:
    Western Pennsylvania

3b, medium textured, medium thickness, medium porosity, protein sensitive
    CG since 6/22/04

CO Washes: Suave Conditioners, Devacurl No Poo
    Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish, GV Conditioning Balm, JC Too Shea
    Styling: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, Chi Infra Gel, GF Pure Clean Gel
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair, Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture, Hask Henna & Placenta (every 3 mo)

Hair photos
    pw: manycurls
  • curlimommicurlimommi Registered Users Posts: 3
    In the morning, b/c I exercise, then shower.

I'm curious to try it at night, though. Some people get great results that way.
    Live and let live.
  • brooklybrookly Registered Users Posts: 32
    I wash at night, and because I have short hair I must get it soaked again in the morning, otherwise it would be impossible to do anything with. I wish I could shower in the morning, but I just can't get up that early!
    feed people - www.thehungersite.com
  • curlylauracurlylaura Registered Users Posts: 8,352 Curl Neophyte
    In the morning. I don't like the idea of going to bed with wet or damp hair.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • starinastarina Registered Users Posts: 665 Curl Neophyte
    I used to wash my hair in the evening right after getting home from work, but because of my schedule it doesn't work out as well anymore. Now I wash it in the shower in the morning. My hair dries fairly quickly with my routine, so it's only a little damp when I leave for work.
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    Ditto what LauraBeth said.

Plus, mine takes forever to dry in the morning & I don't like leaving the house with a wet head like I just came from the pool, salon, or gym. I don't like using a blowdryer.

Though if I don't go to work until the afternoon or at all if it's the weekend or a holiday, I'll wet & condition in the morning.

I've plopped overnight & wake up with a damp head still, but the curls are so much better then compared to if I didn't plop.
  • CakesyCakesy Registered Users Posts: 49
    i've found that if I wash my hair at night it is quite frizz free the next day, but it's not very curly the next day.
  • RainRain Registered Users Posts: 217 Curl Neophyte
    In the morning, as a general rule....buuut, if I'm trying something new, I always do it at night if possible. That way, if I don't like how it turns out, I have a chance to fix it before I go to work.
    3a/b, fine, lots of it
  • rubyloxxrubyloxx Registered Users Posts: 89 Curl Connoisseur
    morning. I would never leave the house looking the way I do when I wake up. :shock:
    3 b/c curls with bangs.
  • MzShvyMzShvy Registered Users Posts: 121
    I wash my hair in morning. Because If I wash my hair in the evening, it gets all frizzy and weird shaped. This way I feel fresh and clean in the mornign and my curls look a million times better

Same here.
    MzShvy

"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." Pat Green
  • curlsgonewildcurlsgonewild Registered Users Posts: 34
    I shower at night, plop, and sleep on a satin pillow case. In the morning, I wake up with my curls defined and spiral looking like I want them to. In the morning I don't rewet my hair; on my dry hair I put on my leave-in then my hair gel.
    "I wish two drinks where always in me......" -Julian Casablancas

strokes.jpg
  • anemoneanemone Registered Users Posts: 4
    i was my hair at night and i find that iget great results after sleeping on it. if i wash my hair in the morning, its flat and not as soft looking.
  • CurlyBrunetteCurlyBrunette Registered Users Posts: 26
    I wash mostly in the daytime but sometimes at night. I do that if I know I have to get up really early and wont be able to have my hair airdry before I leave the house.
    3a/b Growing long!!!
    Read my Blog

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file