Lost curl?

LuciLuLuciLu Registered Users Posts: 2
Hiya, I was just wondering why my hair was only curling at the bottom of my hair, my hair is wavy/ kinda straight at the top and when I was younger it used to be ringlets but now it's just kind of straight and then its very big barrel curls ( or curl) at the bottom. Could someone please reply, tell me how I could fix this? Do you think I need to use a protein treatment? I don't think I do though, my hair has a bit of breakage and I lose quite a lot of hair, but I don't think it's damaged. I never really use heat on my hair ( apart from being in the sun) and I don't dye my hair either.

Comments

• LuciLuLuciLu Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hii, so what I did was a d.i.y protein mask, I was quite nervous since I didn't know if I was protein sensitive or if I would totally ruin my hair. But, It didn't! After really coating my hair in the mask and leaving it on for 40 minutes, I had a good scrub with a renewing shampoo and a frizz-fighting shampoo, then I used Treseme silicone free conditioner and my hair had really thick ringlets curls that started an inch from my head rather than 7 inches! If you had a similar problem to me I recommend doing a light protein mask (not a treatment, unless your hair is damaged!)
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Glad you found something that worked! It's amazing how much extra curl I get when I do a protein treatment.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file