Maybe dumb question about hot deep treatment?

corporealkicorporealki Registered Users Posts: 1
Hey y'all!

So, every few nights before I wash my hair the following morning, I drench my hair in coconut oil or olive oil and then I leave it in a cap overnight. The cap that I use is plastic on the outside and sort of satiny on the inside...yes it's very messy on the inside with the oil lol. But I started doing this because I saw curly girls on youtube do "hot oil treatments" because the plastic cap traps the heat in. My question is, am I basically just doing a regular treatment since the inside of the cap is not plastic? Like, is the whole "hot" part of the treatment not even happening? Sorry if this is a dumb question!

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    I think that what you are doing is suitable for a "hot" oil treatment. You basically just want to hold your body heat in, and your cap should be doing that. If you want to try to increase the heat, you could wrap a t-shirt or other type of thin towel over the cap. But if your head gets too hot, I think it would wake you up--it would be very uncomfortable for sleeping.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file