Where to purchase 100% natural oils and butters

islandchickislandchick Posts: 5Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So I'm type 4c I THINK low porosity hair and I figured making my own mix of oils and butters would help me retain moisture. Currently I use just coconut oil, but I want to try unrefined raw african shea butter, jamaican black castor oil, jojoba oil, and argan oil for starters. I looked on amazon and the combined price of these is over $40 so I tried the camdengrey.com website who has their things for cheaper but I am uncertain of its quality and integrity. Can somebody please please please recommend me a site where you or someone you know have bought good butters/oils from? Thanks in advance

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I have been purchasing from Camden-Grey for several years. I just bought some oils last week. I believe they have high quality products.

You could also try Bulk Apothecary.
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,387Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    You could try Mountain Rose Herbs.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Redheadwalking2Redheadwalking2 Posts: 10Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You can get plain oils like coconut, apricot, avocado, argan, at a health food store for $15 for 8 oz. NOW, Nourish, and Rahua all have good basic oils. Thrive market has many good ones and even amazon (I know, it's a last resort,) has decent ones. 
    Also, Shea moisture has hair oils and you could do a DIT mix at home. I'm 2c- 3a/b and use a mix of camelina, argan, and a bit of fractionated coconut oil with a few drops of orange and ylang ylang EO for a  nice scent. 
    Also, curls blueberry hair oil is pretty good. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file