We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Argh! Having a bad curly day.

It was bound to happen. I'd been on such a good streak lately, loving my curls, reveling in their bouncy fullness. Then today - blech. They're poorly formed, limp and lifeless. :(

I know this "bad phase" won't last forever. It's just frustrating when it happens.
:?
I knew my fellow curlies would understand my rant and let me vent.
Hair Type: 3A/3B; natural color; mid-back length.
Shampoo: Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus (2 - 3 times/week)
Fave Rinse-Out Conditioners: HE Hello Hydration; Yes to Blueberries; GVP Conditioning Balm;
Styling Routine: Squish-scrunch product /conditioner into soaking wet, upside down hair; plop for 10 minutes, air dry. (Diffuser dry front section.)
Fave Styling Products: KCKT; Tigi Curl Amplifier Creme; Batia & Aleeza gel; Giovanni Sunset Styler; LA Looks Sport Gel.

Comments

• ECCurlyECCurly Posts: 285Registered Users
    I'm right there with you. It's rainy and humid and windy and just plain yucky and I didn't have enough time to diffuse this morning so I've got a big giant frizzy mess. Que Sera!
    VERY fine 2B/3A hair
    Chin-length - growing it out...again.
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users
    I can relate. I think used too much pomade to get the crunch out today and now my hair looks greasy to me. :( And I hate knowing there is nothing I can do about it until I go home.
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    Don't get me started. My hair looked cute today but when I got to work, it started raining and had a puff ball of hair within minutes. Had to clip it back today :(
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • curlyclaudiacurlyclaudia Posts: 416Registered Users
    I'm with you DominicanHeat. I went to the grocery store and the lady at the deli actually said "boy you must hate fighting that frizz when it rains". It looked cute when I left the house :(
    3b, modified CG, short inverted bob living in Central Jersey
    Current faves: no poo, HE Hello Hydration, ck, Shea Moisture, Mixed Chicks
    PW colombia
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlyclaudia%2F" class="Popup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm with you DominicanHeat. I went to the grocery store and the lady at the deli actually said "boy you must hate fighting that frizz when it rains". It looked cute when I left the house :(

Oh no she didn't LOL. One of my coworkers was in the restroom when I was clipping my hair back and she said "Boy I remember those days when I had to go through that too...not anymore!" She has a very cute, spikey pixie cut.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
    yes she did, but I shouldn't take it personally. She is the same woman with an 80's do that said to me once, "oh I like your curly hair, I think its coming back in style" I remember going home thinking "I was just insulted for my curlies by a woman with a mullet!" I think I need a different grocery store. :lol:
    PW colombia
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlyclaudia%2F" class="Popup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yes she did, but I shouldn't take it personally. She is the same woman with an 80's do that said to me once, "oh I like your curly hair, I think its coming back in style" I remember going home thinking "I was just insulted for my curlies by a woman with a mullet!" I think I need a different grocery store. :lol:

:lol: :lol: That's so bad!!!! :lol: :lol:
  • ECCurlyECCurly Posts: 285Registered Users

Hehehe!! :lol: I love when people who look like they haven't heard of a mirror hand out style advice. Makes me giggle!
    VERY fine 2B/3A hair
    Chin-length - growing it out...again.
    Not change the subject, but how do you curlies keep your gel from getting flakey, (white residue) it looks nasty. I posted the question on the thread labeled "someone help me". I used less today, but I'm looking poofy with major frizz. for info it was HE tt gel
    PW colombia

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file