CurlTalk

a bunch of tiny coils - UPDATE below

luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
i finally got around to doing a bunch of tiny coils. i cowashed and then little by little took a piece of hair, combed it w/ a fine tooth comb then applied some fantasia get and twirled it in my fingers. i like my coils but it took me 3 hours!!!! this is why i don't like to do it weekly! i hope as my hair gets longer i can do fewer twists and get a nice effect. i'll leave the coils in until they look ratty then have a twist out.

masscurly thanks for suggesting the style....i'd always done 2 strand twists in the past but you're right w/ my length it looks the same w/ single strand twists and it was quicker (even though it still took a while).
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    They are so pretty!
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • kdcreighkdcreigh Posts: 736Registered Users
    Hi luvmylocs,

I agree, the twists are pretty cool.

Do you have problems with your hair tangling? I tried to do twists when I first took out my braids, but my hair started loc'ing on me.
    YES WE CAN!

kdcreigh 4a and b (who knows?:dontknow:)

Relegated to occasional lurking in order to keep the PJ in check!
    :lurk:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkdcreigh%2F" class="Popup
    PW: natural
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    thanks ladies!! :D

well my hair will loc but it's well conditioned and i won't leave my twists in too long so i don't think it will loc. i'm going to try to take pics every day to keep track of how it looks. i haven't had any tangling issues (knock on wood).
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    very nice!

what products are you now using on your hair?
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • soon2bsoon2b Posts: 220Registered Users
    Your hair is very pretty! I haven't tried that style yet.( the one in the pics)
    event.png

Hair Type: small 3c patch in the center, mostly 4a with a patch of 4b at my temples
    Shampoo: Suave daily clarifying ( when I feel that need)
    Conditioners: AOHSR, MM, olive oil
    Styler/Leave-in: SheaMoisture, Fantasia IC, HNS
    very nice!

what products are you now using on your hair?

thanks girl! right now i'm mostly jus co washing (i really like v05) and i deep condition with jessicurl or my honey child weekly. during the week i use a light creamy leave in. i like giovanni direct. for the coils i used fantasia (the blue) and it came out a little firm. i'm going to condition and untwist today....i don't want to have locs again right now :wink:
    ewwww..UPDATE!

i rinsed my hair w/ the gel in it to "loosen" the coils....and it is totally gross! now i'm gonna use my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CURLS-Curlicious-Curls-Cleansing-Cream-p-886.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curls-Curlicious-Curls-Cleansing-Cream]curlicious curls cleansing cream[/buylink] and hopefully i won't have to use shampoo....when i used a light conditioner to twist the last time the results were better as the curls "loosened"