CurlTalk

New to natural hair- I need help!!

Kelani48Kelani48 Posts: 6Registered Users
Hi
I'm Kelani and I just started wearing my hair curly, or caring about it anyway. I'm 17 now but before the age of 15 I always wore my hair straightened. I never relaxed it, but in middle school especially I did so much heat damage to it. From 15 till now anytime that I wore my hair natural I always just threw it in a bun because I was scared of what other people would think about my hair. So I didn't really care about my hair, I didn't go out of my way to make sure it was healthy. Now i've become a little confident and I'm starting to wear my hair curly to school and in public. I literally started 5 days ago. There's so much to learn and know and I'm just overwhelmed. I don't know what routine to follow, what products to use or anything. I want my hair to be really healthy. I have 3c hair I think. I also know that I have high porosity hair. Another thing is that I don't want to use products that contain animal products or that are tested on animals so that makes it more of a challenge since there are always hidden ingredients like glycerin and all that. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it so so much! :love7: