Crazy Curly Hair

SarahAshSarahAsh Registered Users Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
First of all I cannot tell if my hair is type 2C or 3A because it has both characteristics. I have no idea what products to use on my hair because it does something different every single day. It is frizzy, dry, has straight pieces, really curly pieces, and tons of volume. I am very new to the curly girl method but I have cut out sulfates and silicone and I am trying to style my hair with Shea Moisture coconut and hibiscus milk and smoothie. Not sure if those are the right products to use. They don't seem to weigh my hair down so far but my curls don't like to stay defined. They will fall out and get really frizzy very quickly. I just want to be able to wear my hair down naturally. Please help me!

Comments

• bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    If your hair is really dry, you may need to look at doing deep treatments or possibly a protein treatment. Although I haven't tried them, Curl Junkie products are pretty popular and look good, so it might be worth trying their protein treatment (Repair Me) and/or their deep treatment (Curl Rehab). Of course these aren't the only ones in the world that will help you. You could look around.

However, it might just be that you need to find the right technique. Rockyn Curls blog and Youtube videos have a lot of great demos to get you started. There are some resources in the newbie stickies you might find helpful too.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file