Tangle Help?

klohbowklohbow Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello,

I've tried to bring out my waves a few times in the past and always ended up picking up my paddle brush. My hair tangles the moment it moves. It doesn't matter if I've just had a trim. I think it's because it's super fine (though there's a LOT of hair) and long. Does anyone have tips for dealing with tangly hair that doesn't involve just caving and brushing it all out?

Thanks!

Comments

• bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Hi, welcome to nc.com. I detangle my hair dry with a wide-tooth comb. I used to finger detangle in the shower with shampoo, but the drought made me need to get out of the shower faster, and I found that detangling dry works for me. Some people detangle with a wide-tooth comb in the shower after applying conditioner. Have you tried that?

ETA: Another tool I've seen around here is the tangle teezer. In some way, people find it easier to use this than a wide tooth comb. Might be worth a try.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    I think you need something to help prevent the tangles to begin with . After you wash you hair (and detangle) make sure you use something that will keep you hair moisturized, or even an oil. This should help prevent the friction between each hair. If there is less friction, the hairs shouldn't be able to grab onto each other and tangle.

You should also take measures between washes to make sure you do not give your hair a chance to tangle, such as sleeping on a satin pillowcase, If you are going out in the wind a hat or braids. etc.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file