Eclipse

TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Anyone doing anything special / fun?

I ordered glasses and pizza for my department at work, we are going to go out on the building patio to watch (we are about 90% totality here). I called the meeting invite "Total eclipse of the ... lunch"
When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    That's fun!!!

We're getting 60-70%....will go check it out!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,775Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I didn't have the glasses so thought I would miss it. I had to p/u my granddaughter at school (she started her period) & a mom there let us use her glasses. It was amazing. So glad we could share it together.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I drove a couple hours to the path of totality. I think witnessing the total eclipse may have completely changed me and my life forever. (I am not exaggerating or being sarcastic.)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,724Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    We had about 80% coverage here and perfect weather.
    I got glasses for my dad and his girlfriend and they watched it while they walked around at the county fair.
    I also got glasses for my boss and a friend in my office building so we went out every 10 minutes or so to watch the progress. Made lots of friends walking by who got to use our glasses.
    I also watched it for hours on the NASA website. I thought it was great fun and I loved how excited all the science people were.
    7 years from now we will be at 100% eclipse here so that will be even more exciting.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have to wait until 2045 for totality where I live, but 90% was pretty cool..
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    90% WAS pretty cool. And it was cool of you to buy lunch and glasses for your office. But 28 years is way too long to wait for a total eclipse. I don't know where you are located, but on April 8, 2024, parts of the US (and Mexico and Canada) will experience another total eclipse. I would highly recommend traveling to the path of totality to experience this. It will change your life.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    while my city will only be 99.7% totality during the next eclipse, i'm hoping to go down to the Lake Erie shore for 100%.

CC, you'll come visit, right?

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    rouquinne wrote: »
    while my city will only be 99.7% totality during the next eclipse, i'm hoping to go down to the Lake Erie shore for 100%.

CC, you'll come visit, right?

:D

We were just talking about camping for it!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    the first week of April?! we could still have snow! come to my place!
    be warm - drink wine! ;)
    My blog:

rouquinne wrote: »
    the first week of April?! we could still have snow! come to my place!
    be warm - drink wine! ;)

I've done tent camping in the Blue Mountains in September, couldn't be much worse then that! And my aunt and uncle have a tent trailer now, so we would use that. Maybe your driveway though!
    Audrey Hepburn
    absolutely!!! come on down! :D
    My blog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file