DRY HAIR!!!!!!

NirvanacrackerNirvanacracker Posts: 1Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So, I've been washing my hair with sulfate free shampoo and silicone free conditioner but my hair still look dry, I don't know what should I do or what I'm not doing, I started my hair journey last year and I've been working really hard on my hai.

My country doesn't have lots of options, so I found 2 products that fits the requirements, but I feel the conditioner doesn't work the way it should be, but I don't have any other option so I really don't know:cry: please help me:(

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,452Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    What is the problem with the conditioner? Is it just not moisturizing enough? If it is not moisturizing enough, you could add some oil to it. Another option is to leave it on your hair for longer, like half an hour, before rinsing it out.

Another thing you can try is putting oil on your dry hair several hours before you shampoo. This can help hair become more flexible. Some possibilities for this are almond, coconut, avocado, and sunflower seed. I would start with just enough oil to make your hair look a little greasy. You can do it at night and leave it on all night and then shampoo it out as usual in the morning.

Are you using any styling products or leave-in conditioners? These can help the hair retain moisture for longer.

You may also have product build-up if it has been a while since you have used a sulfate shampoo. Conditioning agents and styling products can build up on the hair over time, even if you are not using silicones. You may benefit from doing a single sulfate shampoo to remove build-up. Many of us on the forum use a sulfate shampoo every now and then to get rid of build-up.

Is your hair fine or coarse?
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file