Is my hair damaged because of protein?

MadDogMadDog Posts: 1Registered Users
I have low porosity 3b curls. I wanted to venture out and try new products, so I tried this Shea moisture Growth, repair packet. It stayed in my hair for 20 minutes, I bagged it and sat out in the sun. After I rinsed it out my hair was dry, frizzy and brittle, with crunchy ends. Now four weeks later, it's STILL extremely dry, and it stretches so far, like damaged hair. But the thing is, all I did was that protein treatment:( My hair wasn't like that before. Did the protein treatment really fry my hair? Also I haven't done a deep conditioner since, but I'm getting Alikay Naturals Honey and Sage in the next couple days.

Also, I noticed my hair looks decent when I add a lot of deep conditioner, but otherwise I can't wear it without anything in it at the moment.

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    The protein didn't damage your hair; it will wear off in time. What is has done is make your hair more impervious to moisture, so moisture can't get in. You are correct to do a deep conditioning treatment. I would make sure that the one you are getting has no protein. I would also make sure to leave it in your hair for about half an hour before rinsing out, because it sounds like you need a lot of moisture.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file