Hair products for low porosity hair

rrcrrc Posts: 7Registered Users
Hi. I'm a newbie and I have low porosity hair. I'm struggling to find products that don't contain protein. What are some products that you guys use that work well with your hair? Thanks!

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,552Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I use Intelligent Nutrients Harmonic poo and condish, as well as their Styling Gel, Perfect Hold Hairspray, and moisturziing hairspray (can't remember the name of the last hairspray--I like it in winter). In winter I switch my rinse-out conditioner to Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Conditioner. I also use the Bumble and Bumble Bb. Gel from time to time, but I do find that it seems to build up quickly and needs a clarifying (sulfate) poo to get off.

For leave-ins, you could try As I Am, Curl Junkie Beauticurls (I think there are two formulas; make sure you get the protein-free one), and Alaffia Beautiful Curls. Alaffia Beautiful Curls has a gel also. The gel works for me in low dew points but leaves my hair greasy in higher ones.

If you don't need a lot of hold in a styling product, you could try Jessicurl Confident Coils.

A product line I was looking to try that I believe is protein free is Carina Organics. Someone on the forum uses Carina, but I can't remember who. I was told that their products are based on Native American traditions.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I feel a bit like a broken record, but I really love the Alaffia original line products in my signature. I switch to what I have listed as the Winter formulas around October until around May because I need more moisturizing products, but not they have glycerin.

I'm still trying to figure out styling products.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • rrcrrc Posts: 7Registered Users
    Thanks for replying! I'm gonna try all of these products.
  • curlisue1curlisue1 Posts: 494Registered Users Curl Novice
    I've been using Shea Moisture low porosity shampoo, conditioner and leave in. I also use GVP Conditioning Balm and suave strawberry conditioner. For styling I'm using AG Recoil and Kinky Curly curling custard. I would like more hold but having a hard time finding another gel or better holding cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Wavy7sWavy7s Posts: 68Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If you are low-po and fine, you may be able to tolerate some products. If you are new to this, play around and see how your hair reacts.
    2b/c
    Fine, low porosity, med density, normal elasticity.
    Dislikes: Aloe by itself, cheap gels, and heavy butters
    Co-wash: CJ Daily Fix
    Condish: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: Curlsmith Oil-in-Cream
    Stylers: CJ Curl Queen, Flaxseed gel, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic.
    PT: CJ Repair Me or IA Girls PT w/ mag. sulfate,
    DT: CJ Rehab and Righteous Roots Hair Rx or Pre-poo oil.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file