Your experience with the greenhouse effect?

4bNatural4bNatural Registered Users Posts: 5

I have absolutely no time to moisturize my hair. I've been looking for ways to moisturize when I stumbled upon the greenhouse effect. Apparently, You're supposed to put a 100% natural oil on your hair and put a plastic bag over your head. I just want to know if anyone has used this method and to share any tips.

Comments

• NatrulyMeNatrulyMe Registered Users Posts: 166 Curl Connoisseur
    4bNatural wrote: »

I have absolutely no time to moisturize my hair. I've been looking for ways to moisturize when I stumbled upon the greenhouse effect. Apparently, You're supposed to put a 100% natural oil on your hair and put a plastic bag over your head. I just want to know if anyone has used this method and to share any tips.

Hi again, 4bNatural. :) I tried the greenhouse effect, but did not like it because it made my hair felt too oily.

Meanwhile, you supposedly let the plastic cap and bag stay on your head for at least 30 minutes to an hour. I had seen tutorials on YouTube of others, let the plastic cap, plastic bag and satin bonnet stay on their heads overnight. Then, rinse out the oils & or conditioner mix in warm water (not to fully clean the oils). Rinse in cold (or cool) for high porosity hair. Therefore, it is not recommended for those with porous (high porosity) hair trying to keep the oils on their head overnight (can become hygral fatigue). Because porous hair behaves differently than those with low porosity. Those with high porous hair have to balance moisture and protein treatment. Our hair tangles and breaks easily than low porosity hair. Also, we have to make sure we sealed moisture by added a sealant oil when moisturizing hair. I hope this make sense.

These are some good oils to help with moisture (you may already know, but sharing so others can see):

Mango
    Avocado
    Almond
    Jojoba
    Olive
    Coconut
    Argan

Pattern: 3C/4A 
    Characteristics: (Spongy/Coarse/Curly Kinky)
    Porosity: High
    Density: Medium
    Hair Width: Medium Sized Strands
    Elasticity: Medium Elasticity

SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - TBL

My hair is armpit length when silk pressed (so close to BSL).
    Natural state: awkward stage; shoulder length (front is above chin length and back is almost shoulder length).
    Goal: MBL
    10-28-15 (BC Date)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file