Drugstore sulfate+silicone free Shampoo/Conditioner Recommendations

bonjourbonjour Registered Users Posts: 6
I am currently searching for a new shampoo and conditioner. I am currently using the OXG Quenching Coconut Curls shampoo and conditioner but I am switching to a new shampoo and conditioner because that product contains silicones and sulfates. Any product recommendations for 2a/b medium thickness low porosity hair?
:):icescream:
2a/b low porosity hair, medium thickness, very frizzy, with long layers
Shampoo: searching
Conditioner: searching
Leave in: searching

Comments

• HalafoHalafo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
    Idk about the shampoo but i do really like tresemme naturals conditioners, they last a long time and i love that it’s so moisturising
  • AmylizabethAmylizabeth Registered Users Posts: 56 Curl Connoisseur
    Garnier Whole Blends has an awesome silicone-free conditioner in the Legendary Olive line.. and I've been really liking the Live Clean shampoos lately 
    2C Fine, long hair, a ton of it. Blonde balayage. East Coast Canadian. 

Wash: Live Clean Fresh Water Hydrating Shampoo
    Monthly Scalp Cleanse: Baking Soda/Conditioner/Peppermint Essential Oil
    CO: Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive Conditioner
    Styling: Devacurl Volumizing Foam, Devacurl Wave Maker, Garnier Curl Treat Jelly
    Refresh Day: Klorane Dry Shampoo with Nettle, Devacurl Supercream
    Deep Condition: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Yogurt Treatment

My whole wash routine is upside-down... detangling, rinsing, applying products, scrunching, diffusing... the bigger the waves, the better!  
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    What country are you in?
    If the US, not your mother's natural is a good brand.
    I personally like most Shea Moisture Shampoos and Conditioners, just not their stylers.
  • andreajones188andreajones188 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 127 Curl Connoisseur
    People with dry or frizzy hair should consider sulfate-free shampoo. Sulfate-free cleansers maintain the natural oils on the scalp and hair, which ultimately leaves your hair with more moisture. Shampoos that are sulfate and actually keep the hair moisturized. Moisturized hair is less prone to breakage and split ends. Sulfate may have the ability to get rid of oil and dirt but recent studies have found that it is toxic and carcinogenic. Sulfate has been found to be one of the key culprits of hair loss and thinning hair
  • Curly_EmmaCurly_Emma Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    100% natural products have a very limited shelf life and are immediately recognizable. They have a good alternative - organic hair products, in which unpleasant components are replaced with components of natural origin, but isolated in the laboratory. It's not bad. For example, a gelling agent is made from brown algae, and is written in this way (Sodium Carrageenan, Sodium Alginate); or use an organic preservative such as Sharomix 708, labeled on the package as (Benzyl Alcohol, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Glycerin). You can check such type of products, using some app to scan ingredients and know that there no sulfates and parabens in the product.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file