I need help 4 group/hair type

NatrulyMeNatrulyMe Registered Users Posts: 166 Curl Connoisseur
Greetings, everybody.

I am a noob to this forum and website. I've been natural for almost two years. I did the BC after transitioning for six months. My anniversary is in October on the 28th. Anyways, I've learned a lot along the way since being natural, but still have more room to grow...

My main problems are frizz and not knowing my hair type. I posted pictures in the newbies section within the forum. Yet, I did not feel confident with the answers of those that posted because they do not have my hair type (different race). Now, I am not racist. I love all race of people, but just feel the need to be honest. Meanwhile, I do not think I met my MHM since being natural. I do not know rather or not that I am doing something wrong to my hair? Recently, I 've been trying the ACV & Bentonite clay...This makes my hair more thirsty! :sad7:

These are the steps I've been doing:

1. Wash hair with ACV & water (placed inside applicator bottle)
2. Deep conditioning ( use any conditioner with oil and place a plastic bag on my head for 30-60 mins)
3. Rinse hair with warm water
4. Bentonite clay & ACV (mixed together in a glass bowl and use plastic spoon to mix...Place it on my hair in 6 sections and let it stay on hair for 30-60mins. Then, rinse hair out in warm water. next rinse hair in cold water and add cantu leave-in conditioner and oils).

Now, I did not do these steps for seven days straight as suggested from a YouTube video. I tried it for three days. Then, I start doing it every three or four days.

Here's recent snapshots of a Wash N Go after using the Bentonite clay...

DELETED


Pattern: 3C/4A 
Characteristics: (Spongy/Coarse/Curly Kinky)
Porosity: High
Density: Medium
Hair Width: Medium Sized Strands
Elasticity: Medium Elasticity

SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - TBL

My hair is armpit length when silk pressed (so close to BSL).
Natural state: awkward stage; shoulder length (front is above chin length and back is almost shoulder length).
Goal: MBL
10-28-15 (BC Date)


Comments

  • NatrulyMeNatrulyMe Registered Users Posts: 166 Curl Connoisseur
    snapshots of frizzy hair...


    DELETED


    Pattern: 3C/4A 
    Characteristics: (Spongy/Coarse/Curly Kinky)
    Porosity: High
    Density: Medium
    Hair Width: Medium Sized Strands
    Elasticity: Medium Elasticity

    SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - TBL

    My hair is armpit length when silk pressed (so close to BSL).
    Natural state: awkward stage; shoulder length (front is above chin length and back is almost shoulder length).
    Goal: MBL
    10-28-15 (BC Date)


  • NatrulyMeNatrulyMe Registered Users Posts: 166 Curl Connoisseur
    Older snapshots of my hair....


    DELETED


    Pattern: 3C/4A 
    Characteristics: (Spongy/Coarse/Curly Kinky)
    Porosity: High
    Density: Medium
    Hair Width: Medium Sized Strands
    Elasticity: Medium Elasticity

    SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - TBL

    My hair is armpit length when silk pressed (so close to BSL).
    Natural state: awkward stage; shoulder length (front is above chin length and back is almost shoulder length).
    Goal: MBL
    10-28-15 (BC Date)


  • NatrulyMeNatrulyMe Registered Users Posts: 166 Curl Connoisseur
    Not knowing my hair patterns or textures isnt extremely important to me, but I would like to know what my hair patterns are...I assumed it is mixed with 3c 4a & 4b. I do not know? Perhaps my hair have not reached its maximum hydration?? Any suggestions and or thoughts are appreciated.

    Other styles, I've tried. Old Snapshots (accept the high puff).

    DELETED


    Pattern: 3C/4A 
    Characteristics: (Spongy/Coarse/Curly Kinky)
    Porosity: High
    Density: Medium
    Hair Width: Medium Sized Strands
    Elasticity: Medium Elasticity

    SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - TBL

    My hair is armpit length when silk pressed (so close to BSL).
    Natural state: awkward stage; shoulder length (front is above chin length and back is almost shoulder length).
    Goal: MBL
    10-28-15 (BC Date)


  • GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Registered Users Posts: 312 Curl Connoisseur
    The hair typing system is really just visual. Two people can have the same size curls but one may be silky and the other cottony. That said, you may be 3c/4a.

    You may have done it already but naturally curly has a hair type quiz: https://www.naturallycurly.com/texture-typing

    Kayla

    Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
  • NatrulyMeNatrulyMe Registered Users Posts: 166 Curl Connoisseur
    The hair typing system is really just visual. Two people can have the same size curls but one may be silky and the other cottony. That said, you may be 3c/4a.

    You may have done it already but naturally curly has a hair type quiz: https://www.naturallycurly.com/texture-typing

    Hi, Glamourstruckk. Thank you for your respond. :compress:

    I tried the test, but felt none of the test were totally my hair (If this makes sense).:shaking:


    Pattern: 3C/4A 
    Characteristics: (Spongy/Coarse/Curly Kinky)
    Porosity: High
    Density: Medium
    Hair Width: Medium Sized Strands
    Elasticity: Medium Elasticity

    SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - TBL

    My hair is armpit length when silk pressed (so close to BSL).
    Natural state: awkward stage; shoulder length (front is above chin length and back is almost shoulder length).
    Goal: MBL
    10-28-15 (BC Date)


  • AddeeAddee Registered Users Posts: 412 Curl Connoisseur
    I have seen the videos but MHM is not something I would do on my hair. I use bentonite clay to clarify my hair and it can be kind of drying since it is removing impurities. So I really don't see a reason to use it AFTER a moisturizing deep conditioner. That acv bentonite mix would make my hair super dry and a leave in wouldn't be enough for me to compensate


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.
  • NatrulyMeNatrulyMe Registered Users Posts: 166 Curl Connoisseur
    Addee wrote: »
    I have seen the videos but MHM is not something I would do on my hair. I use bentonite clay to clarify my hair and it can be kind of drying since it is removing impurities. So I really don't see a reason to use it AFTER a moisturizing deep conditioner. That acv bentonite mix would make my hair super dry and a leave in wouldn't be enough for me to compensate


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Greetings,
    Addee. Yes, I noticed the ACV & bentonite clay does makes my hair extremely dry! This is why I stopped after three or four days of using it instead of trying it for seven days straight. I decided to use it only on days when I need to clarify my hair. Meanwhile, I am thinking about trying new products on my hair just to experiment. I never really tried a protein treatment accept the DIY protein e.g. Mayonnaise, honey & eggs... It does not help my hair with the frizz! During the past days, I've been searching online for a good protein treatment and moisturizing conditioners for high porosity hair. I cant wait for pay day to purchase these products. If you can recommend any affordable products, please share...

    Here's the products:

    Wheat Protein Hydrolyzed
    Alba Botanica Drink It Up Coconut Milk, Hawaiian Duo Set Shampoo and Conditioner
    ARABICA COFFEE BEAN BUTTER
    Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel (to place in applicator bottle with water)


    Pattern: 3C/4A 
    Characteristics: (Spongy/Coarse/Curly Kinky)
    Porosity: High
    Density: Medium
    Hair Width: Medium Sized Strands
    Elasticity: Medium Elasticity

    SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - TBL

    My hair is armpit length when silk pressed (so close to BSL).
    Natural state: awkward stage; shoulder length (front is above chin length and back is almost shoulder length).
    Goal: MBL
    10-28-15 (BC Date)


  • AddeeAddee Registered Users Posts: 412 Curl Connoisseur
    NatrulyMe wrote: »
    Addee wrote: »
    I have seen the videos but MHM is not something I would do on my hair. I use bentonite clay to clarify my hair and it can be kind of drying since it is removing impurities. So I really don't see a reason to use it AFTER a moisturizing deep conditioner. That acv bentonite mix would make my hair super dry and a leave in wouldn't be enough for me to compensate


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Greetings,

    Addee. Yes, I noticed the ACV & bentonite clay does makes my hair extremely dry! This is why I stopped after three or four days of using it instead of trying it for seven days straight. I decided to use it only on days when I need to clarify my hair. Meanwhile, I am thinking about trying new products on my hair just to experiment. I never really tried a protein treatment accept the DIY protein e.g. Mayonnaise, honey & eggs... It does not help my hair with the frizz! During the past days, I've been searching online for a good protein treatment and moisturizing conditioners for high porosity hair. I cant wait for pay day to purchase these products. If you can recommend any affordable products, please share...



    Here's the products:



    Wheat Protein Hydrolyzed

    Alba Botanica Drink It Up Coconut Milk, Hawaiian Duo Set Shampoo and Conditioner

    ARABICA COFFEE BEAN BUTTER

    Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel (to place in applicator bottle with water)



    I have protein sensitive hair so I'm not the best one ask. But you might try the aphohee 2 minute reconstructor.


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.
  • NatrulyMeNatrulyMe Registered Users Posts: 166 Curl Connoisseur
    Addee wrote: »
    NatrulyMe wrote: »
    Addee wrote: »
    I have seen the videos but MHM is not something I would do on my hair. I use bentonite clay to clarify my hair and it can be kind of drying since it is removing impurities. So I really don't see a reason to use it AFTER a moisturizing deep conditioner. That acv bentonite mix would make my hair super dry and a leave in wouldn't be enough for me to compensate


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Greetings,

    Addee. Yes, I noticed the ACV & bentonite clay does makes my hair extremely dry! This is why I stopped after three or four days of using it instead of trying it for seven days straight. I decided to use it only on days when I need to clarify my hair. Meanwhile, I am thinking about trying new products on my hair just to experiment. I never really tried a protein treatment accept the DIY protein e.g. Mayonnaise, honey & eggs... It does not help my hair with the frizz! During the past days, I've been searching online for a good protein treatment and moisturizing conditioners for high porosity hair. I cant wait for pay day to purchase these products. If you can recommend any affordable products, please share...



    Here's the products:



    Wheat Protein Hydrolyzed

    Alba Botanica Drink It Up Coconut Milk, Hawaiian Duo Set Shampoo and Conditioner

    ARABICA COFFEE BEAN BUTTER

    Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel (to place in applicator bottle with water)



    I have protein sensitive hair so I'm not the best one ask. But you might try the aphohee 2 minute reconstructor.


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

    Oh, okay. I take it that you may have low porosity hair. I noticed some low porosity are sensitive to protein... Meanwhile, I think I may try the Wheat Protein Hydrolyzed. Because I can mix it up with my favorite leave-in conditioner. Also, I have read several complaints about the aphohee 2 minute reconstructor. Something about making their hair feels stiff and over using it can cause breakage. For starters, I will do a protein treatment every two weeks...Then, after a month...try it once a month! Thank you, for responding and for your suggestion on a protein product.


    Pattern: 3C/4A 
    Characteristics: (Spongy/Coarse/Curly Kinky)
    Porosity: High
    Density: Medium
    Hair Width: Medium Sized Strands
    Elasticity: Medium Elasticity

    SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - TBL

    My hair is armpit length when silk pressed (so close to BSL).
    Natural state: awkward stage; shoulder length (front is above chin length and back is almost shoulder length).
    Goal: MBL
    10-28-15 (BC Date)


Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file