Hair type confusion

curlyhead101curlyhead101 Registered Users Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
So I've been natural forever. I used to straighten my hair a lot and it caused a lot of breakage. But now it's been 3 years since I've straighten my hair and it's so healthy now. No more damage. But my hair type has changed soooo much. I have multiple different types of curls in my hair to the point where it's ridiculous. I don't even do wash and goes because of the fear of looking crazy 😂!!! My hair is very loose in the front and very tight in the back. My shrinkage is so terrible. I have bra strap length hair and my hair (as you can see in the picture) shrinkages up to my neck! I think I have 4a/3c hair but then there's times when I think I have 4b/c hair in the back. 🤔 What do you guys think?

Comments

• NatrulyMeNatrulyMe Registered Users Posts: 166 Curl Connoisseur
    Welcome.

I am confuse too. Although, it is not extremely important for us to know our hair patterns, but it is good to know. I do understand you. Your images are not showing. I think it is a problem with this website? Try making account with www. imgur.com to upload the images. It's free!

Pattern: 3C/4A 
    Characteristics: (Spongy/Coarse/Curly Kinky)
    Porosity: High
    Density: Medium
    Hair Width: Medium Sized Strands
    Elasticity: Medium Elasticity

SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - TBL

My hair is armpit length when silk pressed (so close to BSL).
    Natural state: awkward stage; shoulder length (front is above chin length and back is almost shoulder length).
    Goal: MBL
    10-28-15 (BC Date)

• Iammargaret8810Iammargaret8810 Registered Users Posts: 4
    I have several curl textures also. I started using the Aphogee reconstructors and the curl treatment, also by Aphogee. It helps with damaged, dry curls as well as help to make your curls more defined

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file