Does hot oil treatmemt or protein treatment help?

M3LM3L Posts: 1Registered Users
Will a hot oil treatment or protein treatment help with thin 4c hair

Comments

• bomegabomega Posts: 282Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Maybe. My fine hair is happy enough with an overnight oil treatment with coconut oil. I just apply coconut oil to wet hair in the evening and then shampoo/condish the next morning. Protein will help if your hair is damaged and needs repair. Hair needs a balance between protein and moisture. If you hair is having trouble, you might want to figure out which it needs. The Sciency Hair Blog has an article about this issue somewhere.
    Summer: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing - Citrus Mint Shampoo and Conditioner
    Winter: Alaffia Coconut & Shea Daily Hydrating - Lavender Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner

Fine, 2c, low porosity hair that I color using the 2-step henndigo with amla

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • NatrulyMeNatrulyMe Posts: 110Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    M3L wrote: »

Hi, M3L. Yes. First, you will need to figure out if you have high or low porosity hair. Most low porosity naturalists are protein sensitive. Now, this is not saying you cannot do the protein treatment. Just once a month or ever two months. I am high porosity myself, but I have natural hair friends that are low porosity and a lot of them do not do a protein treatment too often. Like bomega mentioned in her post, hair needs a balance between protein and moisture. You can do both. A deep conditioner and protein treatment. I hope this helps you a little.
    mbfzIwAt.gif

Pattern: 3C
    Porosity: High
    Density: Medium
    Hair Width: Medium Sized Strands
    Elasticity: Medium Elasticity

pa2Km4.png
  • ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    M3L wrote: »

HI!

When it comes to hair thinning, you definitely have to first find out what the main cause or causes of such is, so that you will know what are your best options towards solving such.

Hair thinning can be caused by medications, chemotherapy, mismanagement of ones hair, genetics, wearing ones hair in hairstyles that put a lot of tension on ones scalp, overuse of heat styling tools, over manipulation of one's hair, scalp disorders, etc.

It would be a good idea to share how you have been caring for your hair, so that way we could know a bit of history about your hair first. So that way we can provide you with the best solution possible.

My hair had actually started to thin out in certain areas, and it was due to my having a severe case of scalp eczema. I was able to find this out through going to see a dermatologist. Which is why, it is always best to find out what is actually contributing to your hair thinning first, before possibly rushing to try stuff that may not be the best solution, okay.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file