Frizz/Poof & Second Day Help?

Missalora17Missalora17 Registered Users Posts: 3
Hi everyone!
I am a first time poster and new to the movement of embracing my natural waves! I believe I am a 2b, I have fairly thick hair and a lot of smaller s shaped waves (pic attached) and they tend to get really poofy/frizzy especially by the second day. I am currently using Curls Goddess Curls Botanical Gelle and I feel that it really helps define my waves on wash day but I cant seem to keep them overnight. The photo is after I added conditioner to my spray bottle and misted my hair to refresh it. This helped a little with frizzies but I feel that I lost some definition. I am trying to keep as much definition as possible! I have tried sleeping with my hair in a pineapple and I don't think it's working very well. Any tips or tricks or product suggestions are welcome!

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    Hello! I am sorry, but I can't see your images. There is a bug with the site. Can you upload to imgur and then give us a link?
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Missalora17Missalora17 Registered Users Posts: 3
    I signed up for imgur so I could share, i hope this works! Let me know.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/NOV4y
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    It took a year before I got second day curls that were acceptable to me. Not sure why it took that long. Maybe it took that long to heal, for them to get and stay moisturized, I don't know. You could try a hard hold gel on wash day, scrunching out the crunch for first day hair, and hoping that the gel maintains your definition over night.
    Keep trying different things including wash day products. Maybe not even using water or product to refresh next day unless needed. Try different products to refresh. I don't use any products after wash day but some use 2 or more products post wash day.
    If the picture is second day hair, it is still very much wearable and looks fine. It just looks like a looser curl pattern. Perhaps the curls fall out due to hair texture (different products may be the solution if this is the case) or got weighed down (lighter products in which my suggestion of gel is not the way to go).
    In the meantime, gather a set of updos to master for second or third or whatever day hair until you get to where you want to be. But as I said, your hair looks fine, so you don't need to put it up. That was just a suggestion if you truly weren't happy. Best of luck!
  • Missalora17Missalora17 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Thank you BrittanyM! I was also thinking things would be trial and error product wise. Plus, hearing that it took some time for you to achieve the second day hair you were happy with makes sense, I feel that my hair may need to get back to being able to wave freely without me taking a brush or straightener to it. Thanks again!
  • wavy_sandywavy_sandy Registered Users Posts: 14 Curl Neophyte
    Hello! I also have issues with second day hair too, even after keeping my hair in a pineapple at night. You can use either one of these to help refresh your second day and beyond waves.

1st way of refreshing: Put a small amount of conditioner on your hand and lightly smooth over your waves. Then scrunch up on them to re-moisturize them and then let them air dry. Make sure to NOT touch them while they are drying (frizz happens when touched). You can also finger twirl the ones that are not as defined into a "o" and pin with a bobby pin through the circle and let these air dry. Then after your hair is dry you can use a little bit of gel and water mixure to lightly smooth any frizzies down that you want to get rid of.

2nd way of refreshing: Mix conditioner with water in a spray bottle and spray on your hair to re-moisurize your waves. Then scrunch and let air dry and smooth frizzies with a gel and water mixture.

Personally I like the first method because for me, the water causes me a little more frizz and can be sort of a pain to get it tame. Hopes this helps! :)

Type: 2B / 2C
    Porosity: Low
    Density: High
    Width: Coarse
    Length: Long (waist length & layered)

👉 https://goo.gl/YqfH4B
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    It's been over a year for me, and I'm just now starting to see some decent second day hair. For me, I have to remoisturize at night before bed. If I wait until morning, it's just too far gone. So I wet down my hair with water and hands (NO spray bottle!), rope scrunching only, then spray a tiny bit of Briogeo Rosarco moisturizing milk into my hands and spread that onto my hair, then use my towel to upwards scrunch to get the curls going again. That has to dry before bed, when I pineapple my hair and use a silk pillowcase. In the morning, hopefully it looks pretty good and I need just a tiny bit of refreshing. So I do the hand/water thing again (but only where it needs it), and add a pea-sized bit of gel with wet hands, rope scrunch with hands, upwards scrunch with towel, and let it air dry. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But it's a whole lot better than any other method I've tried.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file