Help: destroyed hair

Hi everyone, I need some help. I decided to dye my hair a little bit lighter but the girl at that did it bleached it so badly I had to cut it. Now my hair won't curl properly, Any advice on what should I do? Or drugstore products that could help? I've been using the long term relationship shampoo and conditioner of herbal essence and it has made my hair stronger but I don't know what to do now. Picture of the before and after of my hair:
http://i.imgur.com/SktvRCT.jpg

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    You need protein and moisture to attempt to restore you curls. Your hair is still very beautiful and does not look damaged, though I did notice the looser piece on the side. But you definitely haven't destroyed your hair.
    Deep condition regularly at least once a week. Shea Moisture makes wonderful masques that you can find in the drugstore. The Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration one is really good. That should help you in the moisture department.
    If you have access to Sally's, you can try the Aphogee Two Step protein treatment. This treatment can be found in trial sizes if you'd like to try it out before buying the larger size. This is a heavy duty protein treatment that many people praise. I have used it, but I personally could not get past the offensive smell and the fact that it does contain silicones. An alternative would be the Aphogee 2 minute protein treatment that is not as strong but does not have the horrible smell of the 2 step.
    Deep conditioning should help some. If you haven't tried the curly girl method, look into it since I believe the shampoo you're using has sulfates which will rob your hair of moisture if used regularly. If you are still not happy with the results, you may wish to look for a salon that offers an Olaplex stand alone treatment. That will help rebuild the bonds in your hair. Overall, your hair is still very beautiful. You definitely haven't destroyed your hair at all. Best of luck!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file