My hair is horrible like you can't even see the curls in person..

My mom was asking me "why didn't you do your hair ?" My hair never curls . Gel is the only way it actually feels curly ... Help would be nice ... If it can't curl and be reeeaaallyy defined . I'm just gonna give up.. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    If gel works, is there some reason you don't want to use it? It looks good in the picture. Maybe if you give us some idea of your routine we can make some suggestions.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • HyunabstarHyunabstar Registered Users Posts: 4
    Gel doesn't really work it just gives it a little curl.. I shampoo condition and then I put oil then gel . ;/..
    I shampoo and conditioner it and add oil to my hair then gel when I try to curl it .. of course I pick it out before all of that . Gel doesn't really work just gives it a little curl..
  • ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
    I have a naturally loose curl pattern and I have fine textured hair and gel gives my hair added body, but nothing drastic. As, it only works to enhance what I already have nkt change it. If your looking for lots if volume and body to your hair, scrunching definitely helps, also using a diffuser will be of great help to you as well.

You can opt to use whatever gel you find works great for you, whether it's inexpensive or not. As, the brand doesn't matter.

I personally love and use KCCC, but you don't have to necessarily buy that gel to try. If you want to, you can however, go with what ever suits your budget. Oh and I'd recommend skipping the oil before you apply your styler and using a leave in/detangler instead. As, using oil in your hair to style it with is probably too much for your curls, and, is only weighing down your hair, adding to the effect of your hair looking more stringy than curly.

Good luck!:thumright:
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
    I don't think mines aren't really defined like ... It doesn't look curly and shiny like videos . People tell me let my hair grow but still no result ;/!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file