New routine question

Hi everyone,

So I just started a new hair care routine and I feel like it's working well, my hair is no longer thirsty, but I still have a little frizz left especially at the roots. Does hair need to get used to the routine and should I wait for a couple of weeks to see some improvement, or should I try a different/add to the routine?

Thanks a lot :)

Comments

• rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,357 Curl Connoisseur
    i would try something different.
    if you tell us what prducts you use and what your routine is, we can make some suggestions.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    When is the last time you had a trim?

You may have split ends. The ends have been around longer, than the hair at your roots, so they may be damaged
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • SaraDreamsSaraDreams Registered Users Posts: 3
    I apply coconut oil for half an hour before jumping in the shower. I use my typical shampoo and conditioner, and add shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie, then t-shirt dry my hair, and leave it to air dry. My hair gets heavy quickly from products so I don't like adding a lot of stuff on my hair. Any suggestions please? :compress:
  • SaraDreamsSaraDreams Registered Users Posts: 3
    When is the last time you had a trim?

You may have split ends. The ends have been around longer, than the hair at your roots, so they may be damaged

I cut my hair super short during the end of march. I don't notice any split ends though. My ends aren't frizzy at all, just the roots.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file