New Member Help

msdocsmsdocs Posts: 1Registered Users
Hello everyone. I finally made the decision to embrace my hair as it was before. Over the years I have gone overboard on hair dye and heat. I was looking around the website to determine which curl type I was and what I am now. I used to be 2c when I was little. I have looked under texture typing to determine everything else I didn't know about my current state of hair. This is the result.

Hair Type, Porosity, Density, Width, Length:
2a, high porosity, medium, coarse, medium length (shoulder length)

I need help deciding what my hair routine and which products I should use. I work out a lot. Any tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,352Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to nc.com. I wish I could help you but my hair type is very different. Have you thought about getting a hair analysis (from Goosefootprints on etsy)? The full report has product and process recommendations.

In the mean time, a lot of people around here follow the Curly Girl Method. There is an article about it somewhere on nc.com, but it comes from Lorraine Massey's book (Lorraine Massey is the founder of the Devachan salons.)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • Gaby.VintimiGaby.Vintimi Posts: 124Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome,

Your hair sounds exactly like mine when I just first started. Read the book, it will help you. Also if you are on fb go there are several groups and people are very helpful over there.
    Do protein treatments, but try not to over do them, go slowly with the protein and do deep conditioning treatments as well.
    2c, dense and coarse hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file