Terrible, terrible cut. I don't think there's anything else I can do

rhinopotaphantrhinopotaphant Posts: 1Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So, a "friend" who Is actually a stylist and knows my history of bad cuts (even my deva stylist didn't take shrinkage into account, and I would up with hair 3.5" shorter than I wanted)... I went to my friend for a trim, and maybe some advice on product. I sat in the chair, "please just trim the ends." Nope. She gives me A SLIDE CUT. I haven't thinned my hair in 5 years, super careful on the rare occasion I straighten it, my hair, on a whole, was great. She even said (as she was running the shears through my hair and I'm cringing) "don't worry, I'm not using a razor or thinning shears, I wouldn't do that to you." :cry:

Nope. Now it's awful. Ripped to shreds, frizzy as hell, my gorgeous curls are now wimpy, frizzy ringlets... it's just...awful.

I've been taking hairfinity, deep conditioning, massaging my scalp, and crying about every other day, even though it's been about two months.

Any tips? Suggestions? I know this is likely going to take at least 2.5-3 years of growing it out to my shoulders.

Comments

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    That sounds awful! Sorry you have to go through this. :( I looks like you are doing what you can to recover. Those hair vitamins will really help - I started taking biotin for non-hair reasons and as a side effect I started getting a lot of new hair growth. (And it looks like the hairfinity has a lot more good stuff.) I've read that massaging the scalp is one of the better proven methods for hair growth.

A couple other things to try:
    1) I had my best hair when I cleaned up my diet and was drinking a high amount of green smoothies (average 2quarts/day), and also getting a decent amount of protein.

2) If you want to try another supplement, I take alfalfa for hormonal balance, and also as a side effect it speeded up my hair growth by 33% (measured by my gray grow-out - without alfalfa I can go 3 weeks before I have to do my roots...with alfalfa I have to do it every 2 weeks.) If you want to try this, it is important to get good quality alfalfa as most alfalfa on the market is baled (to be used as feed) which promotes mold growth, which causes weight gain. You should try to find one that is freeze-dried, and ideally non-GMO and organically produced. The one I use is this one. I think Eclectic Institute might make one too.

It sounds like you are doing what you can. But yeah, at the end of the day, you just have to give it time.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Oh, I'm so sorry! This is horrible. I just can't understand people who attack our hair without being 100% certain that they are doing what the person wants. :(

My only suggestion would be to try to find another stylist who could fix your hair. Perhaps a different cut would give you a good starting point to grow your hair out. It is very difficult to grow out a poor cut. But I understand that you may be afraid to try another stylist right now.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file