We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Have any protein-sensitives had luck with Camille Rose products?

la_ninonla_ninon Posts: 118Registered Users
I'm wondering specifically about the Curl Maker and whether I'll have trouble with the coconut oil. TIA!
Lo Poo: MOP Hydrating Shampoo
Leave-Ins: CJ Beauticurls, Briogeo Rosarco Spray
Rinse-Outs: Intelligent Nutrients Harmonic Conditioner, Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine
Stylers: L'Oreal Out of Bed Texturizer, Bumble & Bumble Bb. Gel, Yarok Hair Whip, Davines Volu Spray
Treatments: ACV rinse, CJ Curl Rehab, caffeine solution spray

2C-3A, fine, low-medium porosity, low-medium density, sensitive scalp, protein-sensitive

Comments

• RafterBatRafterBat Posts: 180Registered Users Curl Novice
    I can't touch coconut, so it was a no-go for me. Too bad, as I've read so many great reviews.
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    Winter: Acure Ultra-Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner; then KCCC
    Summer: CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then CJ Beauticurls (and on days when I want more polish or definition) CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Sally's GVPCB, mixed with sunflower and olive oils 
  • ttoosdayttoosday Posts: 472Registered Users Curl Novice
    I had lots of good results with the Curl Maker. It was one of only 3 or so product I actually emptied, and then I purchased it again! So that says something to me.

It really did seem to enhance my waves into curls, except in the very straightest pieces which are 2a, and they'll just never be 2c no matter what I do. I did not seem to have any problem with the coconut oil in it. In fact if I'd been asked, I wouldn't even think coconut was in it.

I did stop using it because I finally decided to stop trying to make waves curly, and now I'm having an easier time elongating curls to wavy. Consistency across my whole body of hair is my main focus.

You could also try Mop Top Curling Custard. I had very similar results with that, but Curl Maker just barely gets the edge over it in performance. I did empty the Mop Top too but didn't repurchase only because the seasons changed and I wanted to experiment with creams.
    CG since 11/2014
    Mostly 2B, but ranges A-C front to back and root to tip
    Low/med density, coarse, high porosity
    Lo poo: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Cowash: As I Am Coc Cowash
    RO: GVP CB
    Leave In: As I Am LI
    Deep condition: SM Deep Treat Mask
    Protein: Hask Keratin
    Styler: Curl Keeper Original, LA Looks gel
  • la_ninonla_ninon Posts: 118Registered Users
    Thank you both so much!

Ttoosday, I will look into the Mop Top as well. Ugh, they both are tempting, but I do remember my hair turning to straw when I tried applying straight coconut oil, so I'm hesitant.
    Lo Poo: MOP Hydrating Shampoo
    Leave-Ins: CJ Beauticurls, Briogeo Rosarco Spray
    Rinse-Outs: Intelligent Nutrients Harmonic Conditioner, Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine
    Stylers: L'Oreal Out of Bed Texturizer, Bumble & Bumble Bb. Gel, Yarok Hair Whip, Davines Volu Spray
    Treatments: ACV rinse, CJ Curl Rehab, caffeine solution spray

2C-3A, fine, low-medium porosity, low-medium density, sensitive scalp, protein-sensitive
  • Kendall1120Kendall1120 Posts: 9Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am protein sensitive but my hair loved Camille Rose Naturals when I first discovered it.  Then I found other products (Uncle Funky's Daughter curly magic). But when I would return to the curl maker, it wouldn't work as well.  I don't know if my hair just preferred Uncle Funky's Daughter or if my hair got used to curl maker.  Anyway, I say give it a go.  Camille Rose Naturals has really quality products.
  • bomegabomega Posts: 713Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    @Kendall1120: Have you ever used the Camille Rose Naturals Algae Deep Treatment? What was your thoughts about it?

Good to know about the UFD Curl Magic.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner (summer), Alaffia Coconut Reishi Nourishing Conditioner, Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Kinky-Curly Knot Today, Alaffia Beautiful Curls for Wavy/Curly Hair
    Styler: Giovanni LA Natural Gel
    Treatment: daily black tea spray, coconut oil treatment, 2-step henndigo with amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • Kendall1120Kendall1120 Posts: 9Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love that deep conditioner, it's just so expensive.  However, it's really buttery and rich so it may weigh down your hair (since your profile says your hair is fine).  I would try it though...maybe buy it from a store that accepts refunds if you don't like it.
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 1,800Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Depending on where you live, you can get Camille Rose products at Target, and at least at my Target, you can return the product if you don't like how it works.

I am protein sensitive and don't seem to have a problem with coconut oil in products. The one time I applied coconut oil straight to my hair, my hair became crispy.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: As I Am; CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel
    Normal- to low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • bomegabomega Posts: 713Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I think CRN Algae Treatment is definitely one I want to try. The bigger issue is I live in a small town, so I'm probably going to have to order off the internet...or wait until I'm planning to head into the city (which I'm currently not.)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner (summer), Alaffia Coconut Reishi Nourishing Conditioner, Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Kinky-Curly Knot Today, Alaffia Beautiful Curls for Wavy/Curly Hair
    Styler: Giovanni LA Natural Gel
    Treatment: daily black tea spray, coconut oil treatment, 2-step henndigo with amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file