My hair won't stay curly anymore for longer than a day..

ShennaTShennaT Registered Users Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
Almost two months ago I went to a curly hairdresser. Before that my hair was pretty long. The hairdresser used thinning scissors and cut pretty much hair off. I didn't really mind, because I just wanted more volume and healthy hair. When I got home I already regretted going to the hairdresser, but I gave it a chance. The problem is that on wash-day my curls look (slightly more) defined, but the day after most of my curls are gone.. So the days after, till the next wash-day, I leave my hair in a bun. I use the same products and style my hair pretty much the same way. I've never really had this problem before. :(
How do I get my curls to last longer than just one day? Is this problem going away after my hair has grown longer again?

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    Thinning shears are notoriously not good for curly hair, but maybe a little on edges is okay? Anyway if she thinned out your hair and you have hairs at different lengths it is tougher for it to curl. You may have to get it cut again/wait for it to grow out and cut again (depending on what your length goals are). I've given myself bad haircuts that made my hair in back too short to curl. We've all been there and it stinks. Takes a few months (for me anyway) but the hair regrows and once cut again all is well.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • ShennaTShennaT Registered Users Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    naturecat wrote: »
    Thinning shears are notoriously not good for curly hair, but maybe a little on edges is okay? Anyway if she thinned out your hair and you have hairs at different lengths it is tougher for it to curl. You may have to get it cut again/wait for it to grow out and cut again (depending on what your length goals are). I've given myself bad haircuts that made my hair in back too short to curl. We've all been there and it stinks. Takes a few months (for me anyway) but the hair regrows and once cut again all is well.
    You're right, my hair is at different lengths now and some parts are too short to curl. So I guess I do have to wait for it to grow longer again. Thank you for your response!
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    Sorry you have to go through this. Hopefully next time will be a better experience.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Registered Users Posts: 312 Curl Connoisseur
    Have you clarified recently? Sometimes clarifying is the best reset button.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
  • ShennaTShennaT Registered Users Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    Have you clarified recently? Sometimes clarifying is the best reset button.
    I haven't actually, but I will try! Thank you!
  • SlinkyheadSlinkyhead Registered Users Posts: 100
    Protein.

Type: 3a | NP | med-fine but high den | bob
    NP: Deva NP, DC low poo, ACV rinses
    RO: Deva 1 Cond orig or decadence
    DC: DC HIC, SM JBCO mask
    LI: 1 Cond, B'leavin
    Styler: Deva SPC or reg SC
    Gels: DC LDG, Bouncecurl
    Refresh: water w Lavender oil.
    Scalp: Lav/jojoba/rosem/pep oils.
    Airdry, wait 30 mins before diffusing.
    Loves a little protein in stylers! Hates heavy stuff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file