Miss Jessie's

sacolman27sacolman27 Registered Users Posts: 9
What Miss Jessie's styling product do you love? I have 3 a/b hair.
3a-ish/thick hair to my shoulders
EMBC, Kinky curly Knot Today, Batia and Aleeza mineral gel

Comments

• ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
    sacolman27 wrote: »
    What Miss Jessie's styling product do you love? I have 3 a/b hair.

The reviews all over the Internet for Miss Jessie's products are so mixed, till the best advice I can tell you that if you can get your hands on samples of certsin Miss Jessie's products you're most interested in trying that would be the best route to go. However, if you do choose to buy any of their full sized products, please make sure that you buy it from a store or online retailer that accepts returns or exchanges on used products.

I have tried Miss Jessies products in the past, not a lot, because of how stringly scented the products are and the fact that they are way overpriced (in my opinion), and really didn't do anything for my hair. There's nothing from the Miss Jessie's line that my hair ever loved. So, I came to realize that the Miss Jessie's line just isn't best suited for my individual hair, so I moved on from Miss Jessies quite some time ago and have never looked back!

As someone who has worked in the haurcare industry before, for a very well known haurcare brand, products are not made according to Andre Walker's made up hairtyping system. Also, products aren't created according to high, low, or normal porosity levels either. That's nothing but slick marketing being used if you find a company labeling any of their products, in any such ways. I know all of the tricks of the trade, when it comes to haircare companies, and in the many ways they mislead consumers through very slick marketing.

Whatever you find works for your hair, no matter whether it is a drugstore brand or not, I highly recommend sticking with it. Because switching up products very often can cause issues with ones hair in a variety of ways. As, there are good inexpensive products out there, and of course there are bad ones. And, I can say vice versa for high end brands as well. Once you find products that your own individual hair loves, then unless you come upon an urgent need to switch to something else, by all means the best thing to do is to incorporate a new product, if needed, into your regimen, one at a time. When you incorporate several new products into your regimen, then you really won't know which is really working for your hair and what you should keep, and which ones are actually working against your hair, and you need to stop using ASAP.

If you have a good regimen in place, then by all means, I wholeheartedly recommend sticking with it. If not, then start incorporating products one at a time (according to your hair's specific individual needs) one at a time, so that way, you can most accurately judge how that specific product works for your hair and whether you should actually keep using it, or stop using it immediately instead.

Hope you find this info to be as helpful as possible! :thumright:
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    The only one I've tried is Jelly Soft Curls, and I like it pretty well. It's a decent gel, gives me enough hold, and scrunches out nicely.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • OnduleeOndulee Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Curl Connoisseur
    I recently tried the Multiracial Curls product or whatever its called and really hated it. My hair completely seized up and seemed to be 'gluey' for lack of a better term.

I bought 2 tubes of it thinking it would be perfect for me and really regret them.
    shoulder length bob; fine; 3A-3B; thin density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; needs moisturizing products and hates oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file