CurlTalk

Skip Curl Method

Omg, I tried this yesterday, and all I can say is wow!
I was stuck in a rut because no matter what i tried my canopy layer has no defition and was frizzy. I was desperate so yesterday I did my usual routine-
b2b peach pom. condish rinsed out 95%
Comb/smooth in [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink]
Flip over scrunch in hebe

But, when i flipped back up i skip curl my canopy. Lo and behold, as soon as it dried I had perfectly frizzless spirals. I am soo happy to have tried this, and I recomend it to anyone stuck in a rut!

2c/3a
Growing out hair to a little above bsl
pw: ringlets

Comments

• DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    I think you should do a tutorial :wink:
  • FiremanshunnyFiremanshunny Posts: 24Registered Users
    whtat does skip curl mean?
  • katethegreatkatethegreat Posts: 801Registered Users
    :?: :?: :D could you explain a little more?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us."
    -Marianne Williamson
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    I too, would love to hear more about how you do this! All I can remember is you hold the end of a lock of hair and skip it, like a rope, to form a ringlet. Details, please!
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • unique1193unique1193 Posts: 328Registered Users
    Delma wrote:

This is where I got the idea, but I modified it a bit.

After applying products, I took a clump about the size of a pencil and wrapped it around my finger to the right. I sort of squeezed some water out of it and let it fall naturally. Then, I spun it like a jumping rope also to the right. Lastly, I repeated it all over my canopy, put in clips, and didnt touch until dry.

if anyone decides to try it, please post your results :)

eta: I am going to be doing it again tomorrow the same way, and I promise to post pics.

2c/3a
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    It sound time consuming. How long does it take yo to do this?
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • unique1193unique1193 Posts: 328Registered Users
    It sound time consuming. How long does it take yo to do this?

Only about 1 or 2 minutes, because i only skip curl areas that usually lack definition. But, if I wanted to do my entire head for some reason, it probably take more like 10 minutes.

2c/3a