DC/MD/VA Curlies - 9/10/05 12:30pm Cosi's 15th & K ST

deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Hi Ya curlies!!!

Would anyone be interested in doing another Curly get together sometime soon?? The last one we had was soooo long ago!!! I thought somewhere in DC that is on the metro that everyone could get too..

Any Ideas???

deedleguide :)
Liam: 6 years old
Colin: 3 years old

Comments

• FrizzyWavesFrizzyWaves Posts: 17Registered Users
    I'm in. After May 7!!! oh, and it has to be cheap--like Cosi-cheap--I'm working for free....
  • Marcy82Marcy82 Posts: 4Registered Users
    just set the day and time and i'll try
    2b shoulder length hair
    Currently using and loving: Suave coconut condish, and Joico ICE whip, aquage healing condish

Low poo
  • crazysexycurlycrazysexycurly Posts: 4Registered Users
    I'm game for a gathering in DC for anyone interested. Downtown DC has alot of cafes and restaurants to meet.
    Curly is a way of life.
    why don't we try to set something up for this date or in the near future? where is everyone located so we can set a place?
    2b shoulder length hair
    Currently using and loving: Suave coconut condish, and Joico ICE whip, aquage healing condish

Low poo
  • RaindiamondsRaindiamonds Posts: 218Registered Users
    not a bad idea
    My hair is naturally curly,very long thick corkscrew curls that are 3Braindiamonds.gif
    http://whatsnew.fotki.com/raindiamonds/
    will add more curl pics soon,thx
    i'm in bethesda. noticed some from va and dc. why not cosi in d.c. say sometime in late june or july. what types of hair do you have and would you want to bring products to swap/give to others to try? let me know and i'll work something out. even if we just meet in a park and talk (i'll bake cookies or treats!!!) about our hair if you don't want to do lunch. i'd love to get together with other curlies!
    2b shoulder length hair

Low poo
  • bagacurlsbagacurls Posts: 23Registered Users
    A road trip sounds like a great idea! But I guess this fell through since its the beg of July and I don't see any arrangements made. Is there another in the works? I'm from VA Bch. I would be interested since I'm a beginner. I started last night, HA! I think it turned out well. :D

Brenda
    Brenda

MOP Extreme Moisture - Loving it!
    DeepShine Liquid Gel - The best is always discontinued :(
    Ouidad CC/Suave Clarifying/Ojon RT
    3B/C Girl w/shoulder length hair/Corkscrew
    6/29/05=First Time Condish
    Password=natural
  • Taste of HoneyTaste of Honey Posts: 32Registered Users
    I would like to get together, it sounds like fun!! I live in the Baltimore area.
    3c, thick & coarse
    "Pain is weakness leaving your body."

"Personality may open doors, but
    character keeps them open."
  • curlyhairdesicurlyhairdesi Posts: 8Registered Users
    I just moved to the DC area, and am working near Chinatown. If anyone works in that area and wants to get together for lunch during the week, let me know!
    Indian curly chick
    3a
    Trying to grow out my hair and loving this site!
  • RoyannRoyann Posts: 4Registered Users
    My husband and I just relocated to Portsmouth, VA from San Diego California. I am having such a hard time figuring out who to deal with the humdity. My hair has been up almost every day. I'd love to get together with anyone in the area. I am also desparately seeking a hair salon, I need a cut and color badly.
    Royann wrote:
    My husband and I just relocated to Portsmouth, VA from San Diego California. I am having such a hard time figuring out who to deal with the humdity. My hair has been up almost every day. I'd love to get together with anyone in the area. I am also desparately seeking a hair salon, I need a cut and color badly.

Welcome to VA! I live in VA Bch originally from NYC. All the cuts I've had here I haven't really liked b/c they're weren't too keen to curly hair. Plus at the time I was looking to get my hair blown straight. I recently went to a place called the Cut N' Edge in VA Bch but it was just a trim. I had my hair set and then blow out but I guess since it was very hot and humid it was a little frizzy. Your best bet is to go to a place recommended by someone you know. But remember they have to know how to deal with curly hair, but probably know that by now. :D

Brenda
    Brenda

Password=natural
    I have been looking for women with curly hair so I can ask them who cut's their hair. My husband thinks I am nuts, as I check out chicks hair when we are out. I have switched to JessiCurl's product line exclusively, and my hair is responding really well, I am thrilled with the results.
    Royann wrote:
    I have been looking for women with curly hair so I can ask them who cut's their hair. My husband thinks I am nuts, as I check out chicks hair when we are out. I have switched to JessiCurl's product line exclusively, and my hair is responding really well, I am thrilled with the results.

Royann what's been going on? Have you found a salon yet? I just called a place that's listed here but they don't sell deva products and I don't think they are Devachan trained. Its Dupree in VA Bch. The testimonials for the other salons, which are 2 others, are quite old so the stylists may not be there.
    Brenda

Password=natural
    Hi Bagacurls,
    I have not found a salon yet, but I have also not been looking to hard either. I switched to Jessi's full line about three weeks ago and have been really really happy with how my hair has responded. I love her products, and the smell is amazing. Now that I have switched, I am not in such a hurry to find a salon, I actually like how may hair looks. It's been so hot though I have been wearing it up most of the time.
    I saw an ad in Portfolio Weekly for Changes Salon in Ghent, and they were featuring their stylists that had completed the Bumble and Bumble courses in NYC. I used to go to a Bumble salon in San Diego, and they knew how to cut curly hair. I think I may call them and see what they say.
    I will let you know what I find out when I call.
    Royann
    Royann wrote:
    Hi Bagacurls,
    I have not found a salon yet, but I have also not been looking to hard either. I switched to Jessi's full line about three weeks ago and have been really really happy with how my hair has responded. I love her products, and the smell is amazing. Now that I have switched, I am not in such a hurry to find a salon, I actually like how may hair looks. It's been so hot though I have been wearing it up most of the time.
    I saw an ad in Portfolio Weekly for Changes Salon in Ghent, and they were featuring their stylists that had completed the Bumble and Bumble courses in NYC. I used to go to a Bumble salon in San Diego, and they knew how to cut curly hair. I think I may call them and see what they say.
    I will let you know what I find out when I call.
    Royann

Royann-

I haven't found anything out here either. But I will be going in Aug to the Mothership, yay! I can't wait to see what they tell me about my hair and how to deal with it. Yes, it has been majorly hot out here and I've been wearing it down and I've been amazingly happy at how my hair is turning out. I bought this new conditioner 'Extreme Moisture' by MOP and I am loving it. I did manage to get the last bottle of DeepShine Liq. Gel at Blooming Beauty (MacMall) and I am loving that too. I tried it once and loving. I tried Ouidad CC that I got from a swap here and so far so good I have to try DS again and see the difference to make sure which one I like better. I did call Dupres in VA Bch which is on the salon search on this website but they weren't convincing when I asked if they knew how to work with curly hair. I read somewhere to go with stylist who has curly hair themselves, which is logical.

Let me know if you're ever on this side of the tunnel. We can meet. I'll be working this weekend, Hechts (Jrs. Dept.) @ Lynnhaven Mall. I'm the only one with curly hair there. hehe
    Brenda

Password=natural
  • CurlyTiff31CurlyTiff31 Posts: 125Registered Users
    Has anyone met yet, interested in meeting fellow curlies!
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,151Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Has anyone met yet, interested in meeting fellow curlies!

I would like to know too. It would be really nice to meet some metro-area curlies. :)
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • Lydyybuggin76Lydyybuggin76 Posts: 219Registered Users
    hey, count me in too! :D (looks like somewhere in DC would be a central location)
    Here lies Jan Smith, wife of Thomas Smith, marble cutter. This monument was erected by her husband as a tribute to her memory and a specimen of his work. Monuments of this same style are two hundred and fifty dollars.
    -Gravestone Inscription
    Ok, so when do you ladies want to link up? what is central for everyone, i'm in Reston,VA - which is northern va, i'm pretty close to the georgetown area, dc ( near constitution)
    DC would be central for me, too. Georgetown would be a great place to get together. Maybe Clyde's of Georgetown(inside Georgetown Park Mall)? I don't know. If you all can think of someplace to meet, and a date and time, I'm there!

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
    DC would be central for me, too. Georgetown would be a great place to get together. Maybe Clyde's of Georgetown(next to Georgetown Park Mall)? I don't know. If you all can think of someplace to meet, and a date and time, I'm there!

Hey that sounds cool, we need to get some more people though, right? :) at least 5!!
    DC would be central for me, too. Georgetown would be a great place to get together. Maybe Clyde's of Georgetown(next to Georgetown Park Mall)? I don't know. If you all can think of someplace to meet, and a date and time, I'm there!

Hey that sounds cool, we need to get some more people though, right? :) at least 5!!

Yeah, at least 5, though it would be really cool to have more. I'm hoping some more area curlies will come on here and see this. We'll see.

DC metro area
  • telynorestelynores Posts: 19Registered Users
    I'd enjoy something like this!

For some reason I'm picturing looks of astonishment from patrons & matre d' as a group of curlies walk in...
    "3-something-of-everything."
    My name is Welsh for player of the harp.
    telynores wrote:
    I'd enjoy something like this!

For some reason I'm picturing looks of astonishment from patrons & matre d' as a group of curlies walk in...

I know, right? That would be a sight. :)

Anymore curlies interested? It would be nice to have some more ladies. Maybe we could set something up for the fall, when it's not too hot.

Also, if there are more suggestions for where to meet, post them here.

DC metro area
    Hehehe, ShyGirl! On par of SCAdians, Rennies, and assorted historically accurate re-enactors hitting a tappas bar in Ybor City. And it wasn't even Gasparilla Day :twisted:

Curlies are much better looking, and better mannered!

There are some great restaurants on Independence Ave. (CapSo: Orange & Blue lines). Crystal City Underground (Blue & Yellow lines). Silver Spring, Md. "restaurant row-upon-row" (Red line). Old Towne Alexandria (Blue & Yellow lines).

Hmmmmmm, I'll have to think more on this!
  • Chri70Chri70 Posts: 34Registered Users
    Ok, let’s do it! I’m in.

To keep in easy on the pocket, :wink: there’s a Cosi on 15th & K open on Sat & Sun 9am-4pm. I think that’s better than Gtown, metro accessible. How about we meet Sat, Sept 9 for brunch/ lunch/ coffee (say 12:30). I’m thinking this weekend is too soon, next is Labor, so hope Sept 9 works for all. 8)

Who’s with me?
    Medium-length 3b/c
    Hi Chri70. What is a "Cosi"? :oops:

Sat. 9 Sept. noon-ish, sounds good to me.

And...what is the nearest Metro station? I rarely get into downtown anymore.
  • Curlee QCurlee Q Posts: 523Registered Users
    Im not from the area but just cruising through. Cosi is a nice little cafe like. We have them up here also :D Love them.
    http://www.youtube.com/Kittykat1374

natural since 6/05
  • Chri70Chri70 Posts: 34Registered Users
    telynores wrote:
    And...what is the nearest Metro station? I rarely get into downtown anymore.

McPherson Square. So it's on!
    Medium-length 3b/c
    Sounds good. I looked up Cosi, and there are quite a few locations in DC. Funny that I had never heard of this place.

15th & K *
    1501 K Street, N.W.
    Washington D.C. 20006*(website had wrong zip)

We need a head count. Who's in?

Maybe we should post this on the Non-hair discussions board.

ETA: I posted it on the other board. Maybe we'll get a few more bites :) .

DC metro area

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file